Sway Bar Quick-discos on a JKU Sport

rich67

Caught the Bug
I am already aware of the merits of disconnecting on the trail, but I was wondering how safe it is on a basically-stock JKU. My concern is if the amount of flex or movement will end up stuffing the tires into areas that they can cause damage, or if the bump stops will take care of that. Keep in mind, I am new to wheeling and am not a master at understanding the Jeep's suspension, but I am learning. I am going to be running 33's on Procomp 7069's, and was looking at the JKS Quicker disconnects. I also wanted to know if anyone has experience with some QD's that are easy to work with and have a way to hold the pins with the kit. I cannot afford the Currie Anti-Rock, though I love the way that works. I see many manufacturers offering up QD's, but am kind of blank on who to go with because I have no experience in that department. Oh, I am also running the TF leveling pucks as well, 2" in front and 1" in back.

LasVegasJK

I run the JKS Quicker Disconnnects with an EVO leveling kit on my 2015 Willys. I have yet to break anything from suspension movement.
I have had my Jeep with right front and left rear completely stuffed and basically teetering back and forth onto the left front and right rear. It was an interesting experience, but nothing broken.
You'll be surprised what a stock Wrangler can get through, over and in between.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The jks quick discos prob your best option. Quick and easy to remove and easy to install

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't get Teraflex discos. I ran them and I was losing the connection pin off the axle too frequently. Personally, I'd look for a used Rubi sway bar with a broken motor and get the EVO no limits attachment. This is what a run now and it's way easier to connect and disconnect. This route is a little moe expensive but I hated looking for level ground or having someone stand on my bumper to get the quick discos to reconnect or having to carry used pins all the time.

USMC Wrangler

Another JKU Sport with JKS QD's and EVO leveling kit. I tried Teraflex and had the same problem losing parts. I also tried a DIY pin but those were a PITA to get on/off. The JKS are worth the $$$ IMO. If you can find a Rubi disco with a bad motor for cheap, you can install that and get the EVO no-limits.

ST3LLA

I love my jks quick discos. I left my sway bar discoed all summer and never had a problem but the discos make sharp turns a little smoother

Coop

Caught the Bug
My experience isn't very broad, but my BDS are easy to use. It's a ball and socket with a spring loaded cap that slides over the two when they are joined. No parts to lose. They need to be cleaned off sometimes but they haven't failed to be secured after wheeling. Just another option.

Top Bottom