Evo leveling kit

trexburn

First off i have a 2012 jks its a daily driver in Indiana no rock climbing mainly trail driving. I'm wanting to 35" tires and I believe I read somewhere in this forum you can wheel 35" s with an evo leveling kit and trimmed fenders. Is this correct or am I dreaming things up again.

Sent from my QMV7B using WAYALIFE mobile app

TennJK

First off i have a 2012 jks its a daily driver in Indiana no rock climbing mainly trail driving. I'm wanting to 35" tires and I believe I read somewhere in this forum you can wheel 35" s with an evo leveling kit and trimmed fenders. Is this correct or am I dreaming things up again.

You are correct

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Gregmort with 35" trail grapps and the Evo leveling kit
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453339217.900566.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453339243.976123.jpg .

trexburn

This is exactly what I'm looking for thanks for the help and pictures.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
This will be one of my first mods. Is it important to use shock extension or bumpstops with this kit, if you plan on keeping the stock shocks?

trailless

Caught the Bug
This will be one of my first mods. Is it important to use shock extension or bumpstops with this kit, if you plan on keeping the stock shocks?

I didn't get shock extensions or bigger bump stops. I haven't had a problem on road or off road yet. The only thing that might matter is that your droop will be limited to a couple inches or so.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I got ya, so shock extensions would offer some additional droop, but would adding extensions then necessitate bumpstops?

trailless

Caught the Bug
I got ya, so shock extensions would offer some additional droop, but would adding extensions then necessitate bumpstops?

I would assume so but then again it would depend on how much travel your shocks have. I haven't measured exactly how much travel I have left on the stock shocks but I haven't added new shocks or shock extensions.

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I would assume so but then again it would depend on how much travel your shocks have. I haven't measured exactly how much travel I have left on the stock shocks but I haven't added new shocks or shock extensions.

Probably just one of those things I'll have to experiment with it. Thanks.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Good point. Ifeel like I had all this on my list at one point then started trying to simplify the plan now I back to where I started.

mds22

I added rockstar skids (moved my mount 2"up in the rear) and synergy shock mount relocation brackets in the front (2" inches), and didn't require bumpstops with my Rancho 9000(no lift). But I think their collapsed length is about a half inch less than factory Rubi shocks.
If you get any other shock extensions they are all 3" longer and you will def need bumpstops.
You don't need extensions but with out them I had less than 2" of droop. Now I have 2" more uptravel than stock and almost 2" more down travel over stock. Happy with my set up, I also added sway bar links, but no need really if you keep stock shocks. Rides great.

Don't forget about looking at your brakelines. With the extra flex, you might need them.

Yep, i just added drop brackets. Works fine

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the synergy link. I guess now that we are getting into the details, will adding shock extensions cause a need for an exhaust spacer or possibly an aftermarket drive shaft since we can now get some additional articulation from the package?

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Thanks for the synergy link. I guess now that we are getting into the details, will adding shock extensions cause a need for an exhaust spacer or possibly an aftermarket drive shaft since we can now get some additional articulation from the package?

Possibly exhaust spacer and definitely a small bump stop spacer depending how long a shock extension you get.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I added rockstar skids (moved my mount 2"up in the rear) and synergy shock mount relocation brackets in the front (2" inches), and didn't require bumpstops with my Rancho 9000(no lift). But I think their collapsed length is about a half inch less than factory Rubi shocks.
If you get any other shock extensions they are all 3" longer and you will def need bumpstops.
You don't need extensions but with out them I had less than 2" of droop. Now I have 2" more uptravel than stock and almost 2" more down travel over stock. Happy with my set up, I also added sway bar links, but no need really if you keep stock shocks. Rides great.

Yep, i just added drop brackets. Works fine

How'd you get 2" more up travel?

Top Bottom