Random Drop in MPG- HELP!

pwdrskier

So normal on the highway I normally get 18-19 mpg @70-75mph, but today I was all of a suddenly only get 13-14mpg at the same speed. I do have 35s and 3.73 gears and I re adjusted the speedo with a flashcal. The only I have recently changed to my jk is the addition of a 1/2 spacer to make my lift 3 inches. Does anyone know why the mpgs would just drop like that? Also the eco light doesn't stay on unless I'm decelerating or going down hill.

WarriorJeep

Some of the most likely reasons are: dirty air filter, crappy gasoline, and the additional lift. 13~15mpg is pretty darn good if you ask me

pwdrskier

Some of the most likely reasons are: dirty air filter, crappy gasoline, and the additional lift. 13~15mpg is pretty darn good if you ask me

Maybe bad gas or the extra lift. Could it be cause I didn't reenter my axle yet. I do have a new track bar waiting to go on. I don't think it would be a dirty filter. Jeep is brand new only bought it in the summer. Actually I did get a oil change last week is it possible they put in the wrong oil?

toxicwaste29

I can always tell when gas stations in the north switch to winter blend. I go from around 17 down to the 14s in a single fill up and it goes up again when they switch gas blends for summer. Have you filled up lately?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Carrying extra weight can do it, like if you have a bunch of junk in the trunk of a car. Mine decreased after I put a 74 lb winch up front and whatever the mounting plate weighs, plus I'm not running the factory air damn anymore.

Buster3479

Looks like you're from the NE. I'd bet it's just winter gas. Happens to me every year until they switch back to summer blends.

pwdrskier

Yea from NE. I was driving from NY up to VT (do this every other weekend for skiing). Normally I get pretty good mileage like I said but for some reason today it was low. I fill up on a weekly basis and this is the first time it's done this

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lift + Bigger Tires=13-14 mpg :D Welcome to the club. LOL

This^^^!!! It's what happens and you just need to accept it for what it is.

As far as the Eco light goes did you put the right tire size into your speedo? A 35" tire will not be 35" when mounted. It's more likes 33" tire. Measure from the ground to the center of the hub and multiple x2 to get your exact measurement

Wethy

I can always tell when gas stations in the north switch to winter blend. I go from around 17 down to the 14s in a single fill up and it goes up again when they switch gas blends for summer. Have you filled up lately?

Same up here in the great white north I was getting 19-20mpg on my 14 with 33's and 3.73s now with the winter blend I'm down to 16-17 it really sucks Im losing 100km a tank compared to summer gas normally 550km now 450 km or 341 to 279m ish

pwdrskier

This^^^!!! It's what happens and you just need to accept it for what it is.

As far as the Eco light goes did you put the right tire size into your speedo? A 35" tire will not be 35" when mounted. It's more likes 33" tire. Measure from the ground to the center of the hub and multiple x2 to get your exact measurement

Yea did that the day I got my new tires. My 35s are really 33.5. Again as I stated I was getting great fuel economy up until two days ago. Then all of a sudden it just dropped off.

Top Bottom