Photos of your first true love!

Ddays

Hooked
No, not the girl (or guy)! An exchange with Jeepfan got me to thinking of starting this thread:
So we all had a first true love as far as vehicles go. I know there is a thread for first Jeeps, but not everyone started that way. My path down the road to becoming a motorhead started with a car. 1971 Javelin AMX. Built the motor, custom paint, the works. Loved that car. Very few people knew what it was and that usually gave me an advantage in the redlight drags that occasionally came up. ;) So here's mine. What is yours?

BLACK JAVELIN II.jpg

Last edited:

toxicwaste29

Here is my first vehicle I got when I was 16. I'm currently 21 so I'm still working on it. It's come a long way and I just had it repainted last year. It's a 69 firebird.

Attachments

• 1453470783860.jpg
    1453470783860.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 230

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453470938.363169.jpg

54 CJ3A, Chevy 350.. So clean and was like a rocket . We sold it to fund our move out west. I still cry daily..

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Nice! Knew a guy that used to work for Holley as an engineer & opened up a speed shop in Monaca, Pa. He had a CJ5 and he dropped a built 360 in it. It would literally
swap lanes when he stood on it.

Oh yeah, I only open it up a couple time from a stand still. First time it snapped the driveshaft in half.

The other times it was very squarely, it usually would just bounce really hard accelerating. It was to light for traction. One bad bounce and it was headed for a telephone pole.

when the buyer came to look at it for a test drive , I stood on the gas and didn't let up. His face turned white and he handed over the 7k cash. Best test drive ever..

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Mother of god..... Your first vehicle ?

My first vehicle was a Honda CRX....... Lol

First love, my first was a 1985 Honda that a blew the transmission apart in. To many neutral drops

[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Ddays

Hooked
First love, my first was a 1985 Honda that a blew the transmission apart in. To many neutral drops

LOL! Those were the days! My mom had a 78 Lincoln Town car with the 460 in it that would absolutely fry the tires doing neutral drops! That C6 tranny would take a beating. Dad was always bitching because he was constantly putting tires on it! :idontknow:

swampdog

Ahhhhh, the neutral drops. A tradition of high school boys with underpowered cars that spans generations.

professorkx

This is the only picture I have of my 1971 CJ5, V6, 3 speed, my first jeep 35 years ago. After I got married and started having kids, sold it to buy our first house, but man I loved that Jeep! Just sold my 1978 CJ5 rock crawler to my youngest son, and now we are c

Couldn't make it up a sand hill, so bigger running start and my Dad snapped this picture at the top when I sailed over the edge.

AJK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453496216.641460.jpg
My 1971 El Camino SS had a lot of fun in this car. One of my high school friends bought it from me when we were still in high school and he still has the car today.

my_jk

My first was a 1978 International Scout it had a diesel engine in it and was built like a tank.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453497495.371449.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453497526.650105.jpg

Napalm

Mine was a 2001 SS Camaro with a butt load of mods.. Dynoed at 447HP at the rear wheels and was so awesome!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453927349.470573.jpg

Top Bottom