which air intake/filter clears PSC hydro lines?

WEN2FAS

Installed PSC hydro assist on 3.6. The hydro lines from the psc reservoir don't clear the oem airbox. What are you guys doing about this? Relocating res? cutting a hole in oe box? New aftermarket intake and filter?

I did some research and found that a couple aftermarket intakes with a cone filter will clear the lines but not very well. I guess K&N, Volant, and Afe make intakes but do they fit?

Thanks for any help.

mackey

You probably have the old PSC reservoir and not the new one specific for the 2012+. The new reservoir fits with the stock air box and the reservoir lines do not hit the air box.

WEN2FAS

You probably have the old PSC reservoir and not the new one specific for the 2012+. The new reservoir fits with the stock air box and the reservoir lines do not hit the air box.

It looks like the one on PSC site for the 2014 4dr jk. How can I verify which one I have?

Last edited:

mackey

It looks like the one on PSC site for the 2014 4dr jk. How can I verify which one I have?

Like most of us Jeepers, we often work on projects when stores are closed. I called PSC and they had me email me pics of the reservoir I had. I had the older version. The new one fits tight, but the air box does not need modified. Here are some pics of my new one installed. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453567978.876808.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453567993.029572.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453568008.497638.jpg

Try google and send if there are comparison pics somewhere. Good luck.

WEN2FAS

Like most of us Jeepers, we often work on projects when stores are closed. I called PSC and they had me email me pics of the reservoir I had. I had the older version. The new one fits tight, but the air box does not need modified. Here are some pics of my new one installed. View attachment 184035 View attachment 184036 View attachment 184037

Try google and send if there are comparison pics somewhere. Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Mine looks the same as yours but the hydro lines won't let the 3 pegs on the air box drop in to secure it. The lines come off the res and 45 down and across right under the corner of the air box.

Last edited:
Top Bottom