Regearing

xflstl

I need to regear my girlfriend's 2011 Jku. I'm going to go to 4.88s. What brand of gears are the better quality? Opinions?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think they are all pretty much the same. Made in Korea

This^^ they are all made by the same company in Korea. That being said each company treats them differently once they get them. I had yukons and they whined a lot. Now I have revolutions and they are really quiet.

swampdog

I've heard bad things about motive and good about Yukon, but coz had bad issue with Yukon per above, so it seems like a toss up

jeeeep

Hooked
I had Nitro gears installed on my 2010 5 years ago, no issues.

My neighbor had Yukons installed on his Dodge truck 3 years ago and they've been noisy from day 1 and still are, my buddy has them in his TJ and they are quiet no issues.

What I've concluded from what I've heard from guys at various wheeling trips, Yukon quality is inconsistent.

WJCO

Meme King
I had Nitro gears installed on my 2010 5 years ago, no issues.

My neighbor had Yukons installed on his Dodge truck 3 years ago and they've been noisy from day 1 and still are, my buddy has them in his TJ and they are quiet no issues.

What I've concluded from what I've heard from guys at various wheeling trips, Yukon quality is inconsistent.

I just put Nitros in mine. Only have 200 miles on them so really can't say yet.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
This^^ they are all made by the same company in Korea. That being said each company treats them differently once they get them. I had yukons and they whined a lot. Now I have revolutions and they are really quiet.

Did you change them because of noise?

GCW

I'm running yukon 4.88s and they are completely quiet... If your gears are making noise its an installation/Setup issue not the gears..

coop9779

I owned an off road shop for over 10 years and had good luck with G2, alloy USA, and Yukon. Had two sets of Yukon that made noise but that is 2 out of probably 80-100. Currently running Alloy USA and couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom