Another Suspension Upgrade Thread

JKStair

I've done a lot of research on here and I think I know the path I want to take with my suspension upgrades. I'd like to get input on if this makes sense as well as some shock opinions. Phase 2 is to happen in the next month or so and the other phases would be over the next 2-4 years depending on multiple factors. Main usage has been cruising fire roads and geocaching with the kiddos. Looking to step up to some more technical stuff soon. Since we live in So Cal we do some desert cruising as well.

My Jeep: 2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 35" tires

Current configuration: Terraflex Budget Boost w/stock Rubicon shocks
Phase 2: EVO Enforcer with ?? shocks and drag-link flip kit.
Phase 3: EVO long arm upgrade
Phase 3: Coilovers

My main question is around what shocks to upgrade to. Are the King EVO Spec 2.0s that much better than the Fox 2.0s? And another step further would it make sense to get the King EVO Spec 2.0 Resevoirs and possibly never go to Coilovers if we don't do anything too extreme?

Appreciate all responses. If I don't respond until later tomorrow it's because we're headed to a BBQ at a friends :)beer::beer::beer::beer:) and tomorrow my Son's soccer team has a couple of games.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I've done a lot of research on here and I think I know the path I want to take with my suspension upgrades. I'd like to get input on if this makes sense as well as some shock opinions. Phase 2 is to happen in the next month or so and the other phases would be over the next 2-4 years depending on multiple factors. Main usage has been cruising fire roads and geocaching with the kiddos. Looking to step up to some more technical stuff soon. Since we live in So Cal we do some desert cruising as well.

My Jeep: 2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 35" tires

Current configuration: Terraflex Budget Boost w/stock Rubicon shocks
Phase 2: EVO Enforcer with ?? shocks and drag-link flip kit.
Phase 3: EVO long arm upgrade
Phase 3: Coilovers

My main question is around what shocks to upgrade to. Are the King EVO Spec 2.0s that much better than the Fox 2.0s? And another step further would it make sense to get the King EVO Spec 2.0 Resevoirs and possibly never go to Coilovers if we don't do anything too extreme?

Appreciate all responses. If I don't respond until later tomorrow it's because we're headed to a BBQ at a friends :)beer::beer::beer::beer:) and tomorrow my Son's soccer team has a couple of games.

Since you live in So Cal and will run in the desert I'd skip the Enforcer/shocks and the long arms and go straight to the coilovers. Long arms will only be useful of you are setting you coilover to 4" or higher, which is only needed if you are doing 40" tires.

RockyJk

The king Evo spec 2.0/2.5's are tuned for the plush ride coils it will ride much better than the fox ones that are just tuned to the jk in general

Edit: well that's my understanding of it not sure if it's right lol

JKStair

Since you live in So Cal and will run in the desert I'd skip the Enforcer/shocks and the long arms and go straight to the coilovers. Long arms will only be useful of you are setting you coilover to 4" or higher, which is only needed if you are doing 40" tires.

OK, thanks. I didn't realize that about the long arm. The largest I would go would most likely be 37". Stupid question, the EVO coilover sets come with everything you need right? My driveshafts are already upgraded so I think I'm covered there.

JKStair

The king Evo spec 2.0/2.5's are tuned for the plush ride coils it will ride much better than the fox ones that are just tuned to the jk in general

Edit: well that's my understanding of it not sure if it's right lol

Thanks, that makes sense.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
OK, thanks. I didn't realize that about the long arm. The largest I would go would most likely be 37". Stupid question, the EVO coilover sets come with everything you need right? My driveshafts are already upgraded so I think I'm covered there.

Yup, if you get the EVO-201-1 kit it will have everything you need.

JKStair

Yup, if you get the EVO-201-1 kit it will have everything you need.

Thanks Mr. Ty. Somehow I misunderstood the cost of the coilover kit(s). I thought they were in the $7k+ zone and they are actually much cheaper. That is the route I am going to take.

Really appreciate the help. Hope to be out bombing the desert soon with some of you.

Top Bottom