Evo 1/4 Pounder Install Question

Frost

I currently have an ACE Engineering front stinger, but am looking to swap it out for a EVO 1/4 Pounder with stinger.
I cant find installation instructions online
I had to cut the frame horns off to install the ACE stinger, will I be able to install the EVO bumper?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I currently have an ACE Engineering front stinger, but am looking to swap it out for a EVO 1/4 Pounder with stinger.
I cant find installation instructions online
I had to cut the frame horns off to install the ACE stinger, will I be able to install the EVO bumper?

Unfortunately for you, the Evo quarter pounder bumper mounts to those stock frame horns, just like the stock bumper. The only thing that gets cut off on the Evo bumper installation is the lower "crash" bar, as many people call it. Sounds like you'll need to weld those frame horns back on or figure out some other way.

Here is a shot of a portion of the installation instructions.

Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 3.17.10 AM.jpg

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Highoctane is right. I have to say, I am personally not a fan of ACE bumpers because of their crappy looking welds and thick textured powdercoat, but it really SUCKS that you had to cut yoor frame horns off to install that bumper.

It's almost like they have you committed to their bumper. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
I think there is/was a poison spider front bumper that might work with the fab you've already done.

You can always give a company like Qtec or trailjeeps a call and ask what other bumpers might work for you. Then they can quote or place your order for you and give you good pricing.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Like JAGS mentioned, there is the Poison Spyder BFH front bumper that you could go with. There is also a Crawler Concepts front bumper that requires frame horn removal, and that could be another option. A guy I used to wheel with back east had the front and rear Poison Spyder BFH bumpers, and they looked good if you don't mind having the winch sitting on top of your bumper, instead of recessed inside. I have no experience with or know anyone who does when it come to the Crawler Concepts stuff.

Last edited:

Frost

I like the ACE bumper, but want my winch recessed. That is the reason I wanted to get the EVO bumper.
I've seen the PSC BFH line, and I think they look good, but for the above reason that's thrown out.

Top Bottom