Custom Overhead Console

whytiptoe

Head anyone done the custom console like the guy did on his Oakley jeep? I really like the thought of putting the radios up in a dead space and accessible by both driver and co driver.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Are you HAM certified? If not why would you want all of that? You can hang a CB from the metal loop above the rear view mirror with hardware from home depot. I can get some photos of how mine is set up if you like.

whytiptoe

Are you HAM certified? If not why would you want all of that? You can hang a CB from the metal loop above the rear view mirror with hardware from home depot. I can get some photos of how mine is set up if you like.

I am getting my certification shortly and I would only want it for the CB and VHF radio, the rest of it I would not want. The reason behind it is just the clean install and ease of access to all controls. Yes I know cobra makes a all in one unit CB, but I don't like it and it is not what I want.

However I would like to see your install as I like to see what everyone has done and could possibly change my mind.

You'll have to forgive some of the guys on here.... Let's just say they qualify for the senior discount. Not only are they long asleep on a Saturday at 11:30 but they're also crabass' during the day! :pointing:

whytiptoe

You'll have to forgive some of the guys on here.... Let's just say they qualify for the senior discount. Not only are they long asleep on a Saturday at 11:30 but they're also crabass' during the day! :pointing:

Hell the only reason I was up was because I could not sleep. I was surprised to see an answer from Eddie on my other post around the same time.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
That is a ton of crap and hell no I am not planning all of that. I only want a spot for the CB and the VHF/UHF radio and possibly some small storage.

I was actually looking at the Smittybilt overhead console to add for storage and to mount CB.

sbmp1.jpeg

RJEEPO

I'm ok with the shittybuilt overhead set up. came with a lot of molle based pouches which I use elsewhere so I figured it sort of killed two birds with one stone.

OkstateJK

That is a ton of crap and hell no I am not planning all of that. I only want a spot for the CB and the VHF/UHF radio and possibly some small storage.

For your dual band, just look for a unit with a detachable faceplate. I run a VGC 6600 pro 50 watt tri band. I love the radio, the body fits in the glovebox and the faceplate mounts securely to the windshield for a clean install. I've heard the overhead consoles tend to rattle and that would drive me nuts.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom