Snow/ice run at Chinaman's Gulch Colorado!

Petzl88

When was this? Yesterday? I'm planning a trip there this coming weekend! How was Whale's Tail? Any more pictures? Any major trouble completing the loop?

Colorado2003

This trip was yesterday and the biggest challenge was the ice river that I'll show in some pics. Just had to set winch points to get started. We completed the loop though. Whale tale was clear but the problem was the ditch at the bottom. It was sloppy with ice/mud. All in all great day. It's those trips that provide added obstacles that make for the best stories! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453655773.508708.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453655823.884834.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453655535.978701.jpg

Petzl88

That is awesome! I can't wait. How many hours to run it? 6?

What size tires on the darker JK? 33s?

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Colorado2003

That is awesome! I can't wait. How many hours to run it? 6?

What size tires on the darker JK? 33s?

Thanks for sharing!

The JK was on 33s with an experienced driver and the Toyota was on 35s but that thing was getting winched out of the snow/ice a lot lol. The trail took us almost 6 hours but we had to stop and make videos and pose for pics haha!

Petzl88

Thanks! I've got 33s. The other JK has 35s and a TJ on 37s. Let me know if you post the videos on YouTube. Would love to watch them.

Top Bottom