Weird knocking sound, what can it be?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Deff engine related. Last time I heard something like that it was a lifter issue. Not sure that's your issue tho

I agree with coz, sounds like a lifter. Is it louder on one side of the engine? Can you localize the noise to an area of the motor?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I agree with coz, sounds like a lifter. Is it louder on one side of the engine? Can you localize the noise to an area of the motor?

It's more noticeable on the driver side

Question number 2

Should I stop the vehicle, keep on driving? take it to the Stealership immediately?

Last edited:
Dumb question but have you checked your oil lately? Is your engine throwing any codes? If its a problem with your cylinder head then yeah I would take it to the dealer pretty quick or you run the risk of more damage.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just did before the video, does not look low. On a different note, that's the smallest dipstick ever...
No Codes, just the noise

Last edited:

chili84

Lifters/rockers

I was unable to watch the video due to poor internet connection. But before I left on deployment mine started making a noise as well. Took it to the dealership and they've been seeing a lot of the 3.6 motors coming in with this issue. The mechanic said that I should not drive it for much longer and advised against all road trips and adventures. They replaced all lifters and rockers. It was covered under the warranty but I asked anyways what it would have cost had it not been covered and the lady said it would be around $1,200. I hope this helps!

joedelalinea

Wasnt there like a year that the jeeps came with a bad head...
I've never heard the sound but some people said it was like lifters noise..

jorgelrod

Hooked
Yeah, took it to the dealer, the service tech said, it's a known issue, have a service appointment this week to work on the issue...

Last edited:
Top Bottom