Spyderlock license plate holder

Krystianjk

Does anyone by any chance know what license plate holder this is or know of any that look similar to this, and could link me? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453676846.497454.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The light on the license plate is definitely an ORO PlateLite led light. The license plate holder, it's hard to tell since we can't actually see it. When I ran Spyderlocks on my last JK, I had the Rock Hard 4x4 license plate holder and the ORO PlateLite, and it fit just fine. Exactly like the pic that is posted. I can't find any pics of it on my old JK when it had Spyderlocks, but here is one from when it had Raceline beadlocks with the RockHard/ORO plate holder and light.

Last edited:

Krystianjk

The light on the license plate is definitely an ORO PlateLite led light. The license plate holder, it's hard to tell since we can't actually see it. When I ran Spyderlocks on my last JK, I had the Rock Hard 4x4 license plate holder and the ORO PlateLite, and it fit just fine. Exactly like the pic that is posted.

So the rock hard 4x4 license plate holder will stick out over the spyderlock ring?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
So the rock hard 4x4 license plate holder will stick out over the spyderlock ring?

Yes it will. The license plate holder is two parts. First part is the base plate, it slides over the spare tire holder studs with a square tube that goes through your spare tire center hub opening. You install the spare tire over top of this base plate. Once your spare tire is installed, you slide the license plate holder into the protruding square tubing, and tighten a thumbscrew to hold the plate holder in place, and plug in the ORO light.

On the Spyderlocks, you would not be able to get to the lug nuts to tighten them if you installed the license plate holder inside the beadlock ring, if you could even fit the plate holder and license plate combo into the ring.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Is there anything similar to that without the light?

The Rock Hard license plate relocation kit goes not include the light. Some vendors might sell it as a package deal with a light, but it is not included in the Rock Hard kit by itself.

JeepJeep75

Yea, the led-bolts and camera are separate from the frame. This at least gives a look at the thumb screw and the bracket that the plate attaches too. In this pic, it is slid in all the way. It can slide out about 3 inches or so and still be held by the thumb screw.

Top Bottom