Rear track bar bracket bent. Suggestions?

Dever

Howdy Wayalife experts,

I went to install an adjustable rear track bar to center my axle and found that my axle bracket is bent pretty badly:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453682467.536405.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453682480.923809.jpg

The track bar relocation bracket was tilted over so far it was nearly touching the coil spring. I took the relocation bracket off (temporarily) and installed the new track bar. Is it realistic to try to fix this? JKS makes a replacement bracket. Is that a better route? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

JKbrick

Thanks for the responses! JKS bracket ordered.

I have the JKS reinforcement bracket that wraps around the axle and ties the factory bracket to the tube. Not sure if you got that one or the replacement bracket. The welder that put it on for me was impressed with the bracket

Last edited:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I went down this road with my front track bar bracket, so I replaced the front and rear brackets with the EVO brackets. I removed my RK brackets and adjustable track bars.

Take a look at my thread "Another cause of death wobble" or named something similar... I can't remember exactly. Since I installed them they've taken some good abuse over the last 11 months with no issues. Also the ride is much better going back to the stock track bars.

Welding will be involved.

-Matt

Dever

I went down this road with my front track bar bracket, so I replaced the front and rear brackets with the EVO brackets. I removed my RK brackets and adjustable track bars.

Take a look at my thread "Another cause of death wobble" or named something similar... I can't remember exactly. Since I installed them they've taken some good abuse over the last 11 months with no issues. Also the ride is much better going back to the stock track bars.

Welding will be involved.

-Matt

MattAlpha, you mean this EVO part?
http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-REAR-RCC&cat=25

Top Bottom