Rancho 2"sport to evo enforcer

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm just starting to plan my jeep build and I'd like to get on 35's as soon as possible. I'm kicking around the idea of either going with an Evo leveling kit or the Rancho 2"sport lift with 9000xl's. That is the background, now my question is, if I were to later piece together an Evo Enforcer 3" lift would the 9000xl's still be usable or would they be too short? If they would be too short then I'd just get the leveling kit and save for the enforcer. I have a 2dr rubi, if that matters.

They would more than likely be too short. If i were you, id pick up a budget boost lift for a couple hundo. Put the 35s on and roll with it till you have money to do the Enforcer lift

thardy

Banned
I'm just starting to plan my jeep build and I'd like to get on 35's as soon as possible. I'm kicking around the idea of either going with an Evo leveling kit or the Rancho 2"sport lift with 9000xl's. That is the background, now my question is, if I were to later piece together an Evo Enforcer 3" lift would the 9000xl's still be usable or would they be too short? If they would be too short then I'd just get the leveling kit and save for the enforcer. I have a 2dr rubi, if that matters.

The cheapest and easiest way to get 35s on a 2dr would be the leveling kit or a simple budget boost. Honestly, 1.5" spacers and trimmed fenders will get it done.

thardy

Banned
If you do decide to go with the EVO leveling, I would suggest just getting the front springs and getting your own rear spacers. Being that you have a 2dr, the spacer that comes with the kit wont be tall enough to give the right look. Otherwise your nose will be a good bit taller than the rear.

mds22

I have the the EVO leveling kit with Rancho 9000 and love it. A LOT
That being said, if you are going to buy the Ranchos anyway, the price of their kit w/shocks included can't be beat.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
If you do decide to go with the EVO leveling, I would suggest just getting the front springs and getting your own rear spacers. Being that you have a 2dr, the spacer that comes with the kit wont be tall enough to give the right look. Otherwise your nose will be a good bit taller than the rear.

The Evo comes with 3/4" spacers for the rear, what size do you think I should get if I'm just running a chopped bumper until I can get the qtr pounder?

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I didn't have that issue while not running the spacers. Was barely noticeable that it was taller in the front and when I put the rear spacers in it was perfectly level. Did you install the springs correctly? Not being an ass, they can easily be installed incorrectly and that will make them seem taller.

thardy

Banned
I didn't have that issue while not running the spacers. Was barely noticeable that it was taller in the front and when I put the rear spacers in it was perfectly level. Did you install the springs correctly? Not being an ass, they can easily be installed incorrectly and that will make them seem taller.

If I'm not mistaken, yours is a JKU, right? On a 2dr, everything I was seeing, going with a 1-1/2" spacer in the rear worked out perfectly. I never actually did it, but that's what all my research showed.

NV375

I ran the Rancho kit with 9000s on my '14 JKUR. The front shocks will need replaced. The rears were the same ones they ship for 3" so they may work. I ended up going with Kings. If you can't wait and do it once, get the Rancho suspension for a 2 door It will have the 1.75" rear coil spacers. If you want an Enforcer lift save a little longer and get it instead of doing the work twice. I did enjoy the 2" Rancho suspension.

Top Bottom