Old Smokey Moonshine

Dannyboy76

I was at a local bar and they had some of this stuff. It was infused with apples. Not going to lie. It was pretty good. Anybody else try this yet?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
With the show "Moonshiners" being such a hit, I predict a lot of different 'shines hitting the market....

Has nothing to do with the show, it has more to do with the legal process of it. It is hard to get approved to make it to sell legally. Even with the show people will still have to go through the necessary steps to make it legally. Just like Tim is doing on the current show.

As to the OP, you can buy it from them in Tennessee or maybe at one of the places listed on there site but more then likely you would need a commercial account for one of those places.

Last edited:

Trail_Creeper

There's a couple stores in Greenville, SC that sell a "regulated" shine right out of the liquor store. That was the first time my wife had ever tried any kind of moonshine. I'll have to find out what the brand name was and let you guys know.

Dannyboy76

I think since the show, I have seen more and more moonshine in the stores. However with all the regulations, it is not as strong. The moonshine I have right now is only about 40%. When I lived in Fla. for a while I tired some real moonshine. The one I bought in the store and the one I had in Fla taste nothing a like.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
To my knowledge there are two brands floating out there. They are:

http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/

and

http://www.olesmokymoonshine.com/

I moonlight part-time doing Loss Prevention at the largest liquor store in Southern Colorado. We carry both of these. From the customers I have spoken to they say Junior's is better. However, I have had the real Junior's Apple Pie Moonshine. Not only does it taste great but will also knock your you know what into the dirt. The commercial stuff is only 70 proof depending on which one you get.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I also might add, the Old Smokey has these cherries they sell. I'll let you in on a little secret. I have been making Chery Bombs for 30 years and every year people get these for Christmas. They are easy to make and here is how.

You need a jar of Maraschino Cherries. I usually get the big ones from Costco. I pour out 1/2 of the cherry juice (save it for later use) and the fill the jars back up with Southern Comfort. Put in the fridge for 30-60 days (60-90 is better) and then they are done.

You can eat them right out of the jar, use them in cheese cake, or whatever. You usually want to eat them in a year from the time you crack them open from the fridge. You hardly taste the booze in them.

I have tried many different mixtures over the years. Besides Southern Comfort, the only other one that tastes right is Capt. Morgan. There is a distinct rum taste when you use this. The worst thing I've tried was a toss up between Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.

On a footnote, it only takes 10-15 cherries to start to feel the effects in females... Just say'n.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I also might add, the Old Smokey has these cherries they sell. I'll let you in on a little secret. I have been making Chery Bombs for 30 years and every year people get these for Christmas. They are easy to make and here is how.

You need a jar of Maraschino Cherries. I usually get the big ones from Costco. I pour out 1/2 of the cherry juice (save it for later use) and the fill the jars back up with Southern Comfort. Put in the fridge for 30-60 days (60-90 is better) and then they are done.

You can eat them right out of the jar, use them in cheese cake, or whatever. You usually want to eat them in a year from the time you crack them open from the fridge. You hardly taste the booze in them.

I have tried many different mixtures over the years. Besides Southern Comfort, the only other one that tastes right is Capt. Morgan. There is a distinct rum taste when you use this. The worst thing I've tried was a toss up between Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.

On a footnote, it only takes 10-15 cherries to start to feel the effects in females... Just say'n.

I missed this somehow? :thinking:

Think I might have to try it. SoCo over rum? I prefer rum 9.9 out of 10 to SoCo.

cmlrc

If you like that here's something to try if you can get everclear: 3 bottles everclear 3 cups brown sugar 3 cups white sugar. Cinnamon sticks 2 gallons apple cider 6 can apple juice concentrate. Mix everything except liquor bring to boil let cool add liquor👍

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
If you like that here's something to try if you can get everclear: 3 bottles everclear 3 cups brown sugar 3 cups white sugar. Cinnamon sticks 2 gallons apple cider 6 can apple juice concentrate. Mix everything except liquor bring to boil let cool add liquor

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You sir are obviously not originally from Idaho...

Krieger

I've tried the Ole Smokey Moonshine, the white lightning is great but has a bit of a bite to it
so I looked on You Tube and found how to make
Apple Pie Moonshine so here it goes.

You can make this recipe larger or smaller just adjust as needed

What I used is
One quart of Apple juice
One quart of Apple cider
One Cup of sugar
4 Cinnamon sticks
Cotton cheese cloth or clean white cloth
One jar of 100 proof moonshine

Add juice to a large pot on high mix in sugar and add Cinnamon sticks and bring to boil
After that turn off stove and let cool to room temp,
Once cooled strain threw cloth into another container. Once filtered add one cup of Moonshine and mix.
Now all there is to do is pour into jars and
Store away in the fridge for a week.
Enjoy and shine on

Attachments

• image-2676122437.jpg
    image-2676122437.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image-1370191713.jpg
    image-1370191713.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image-2378240775.jpg
    image-2378240775.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image-565757976.jpg
    image-565757976.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image-2782012638.jpg
    image-2782012638.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

j.house013

You sir are obviously not originally from Idaho...

Because everclear isn't available in Idaho? I'm from Idaho, I make the trip to Montana for mine!

Just for kicks, I add a pint of Fireball and cut down my cinnamon sticks when I make my apple pie. Woo doggies!

Top Bottom