Replace stock antenna...

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

Looking to replace the stock radio antenna that screws on the outside of the Jeep with a smaller, black, whip type antenna. Any links or sites that sell them? Not really sure if painting it would hold up. Also, any info on losing channels if I change original? Thanks!!!

WJCO

Meme King
Looking to replace the stock radio antenna that screws on the outside of the Jeep with a smaller, black, whip type antenna. Any links or sites that sell them? Not really sure if painting it would hold up. Also, any info on losing channels if I change original? Thanks!!!

I just went with an AntennaX. The reception didn't change. It's flexible. And it was only 15 bucks. So if it breaks off road, I'll get another. Very easy, plug and play, and I like the way it looks.

http://www.antennax.com/

DSC02558.jpg DSC02559.jpg

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

Thanks!! I'll definitely look into that. Just got my jeep and I'm still learning about the little "extras"😃. At first I thought about painting the antenna, but wasn't sure how that would hold up with the heat. Thanks again!!

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks!! I'll definitely look into that. Just got my jeep and I'm still learning about the little "extras". At first I thought about painting the antenna, but wasn't sure how that would hold up with the heat. Thanks again!!

Painting works temporarily- but typically doesn't hold up as well. Especially when bugs and rocks hit it over time. The antennaX one I got is rubber coated.

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

Did you need any adaptors for it? (That's probably a silly question... newbie here 🙈) I'm not liking this silver antenna at all!!

Attachments

• 1453695060304.jpg
    1453695060304.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 266

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453699127.204533.jpg
I'm also running an Antenna X I think it's a 6 inch but not sure I picked mine up at 4wheel parts. They have all kinds of sizes. And no you don't need an adapter. Some may require it. My antenna came with a few different adapters but I didn't need to use them. You will love this antenna its flexible out of the way and will never flop in the wind will driving down the high way plus it looks good.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
View attachment 184382
I'm also running an Antenna X I think it's a 6 inch but not sure I picked mine up at 4wheel parts. They have all kinds of sizes. And no you don't need an adapter. Some may require it. My antenna came with a few different adapters but I didn't need to use them. You will love this antenna its flexible out of the way and will never flop in the wind will driving down the high way plus it looks good.

Not a 6 inch it's about a 13 inch aha man I was way off.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned I have the 13" antennax as well. My reception did drop a little bit but not much. On longer drive outside of philly I can't pick up my favorite radio station like I did with stock but it's all good.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I had the one that everybody is showing. I lost radio reception horribly. Ended up throwing it away and getting the CB style one. Its taller but still sets below the windshield. Got my reception back also.

I also have the 13". I did lose some reception but don't really care being I don't use the AM/FM. At least I haven't used it since I got XM a few years ago.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451869563.841742.jpg

ItsTTime

I also have the Antenna X - slight drop in picking up stations if you ever 'seek' new stations but if you know the radio station you want, it works perfectly for me. Easy to install too - would absolutely do it again.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I went cheap and cut mine. I did try a aftermarket one once, but it wasn't flexible and I could see it being a problem.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I've been thinking about this lil antenna for awhile. I have satellite but, hated the sound. I didn't like their too late customer service nor the idea of a monthly subscription either. I mostly use Bluetooth from the phone or hidden iPod. I will probably still get one of these antenna for at least the aesthetics.

Trail dog

I have the 6 inch solid stainless steel powder coated black needed adapter and red locktite to keep it on. 4wheelpart parts $15 , really didn't notice signal loss but I do plug my phone in allot.

Attachments

• 1454262028557.jpg
    1454262028557.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 108

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

I just changed it to the 13 inch off-road from antennax. Looks great and no change in reception. Thanks for the help!! ;)

Attachments

• 1454551773561.jpg
    1454551773561.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom