Squeaky toy- sounding horn?

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

Am I the only one who thinks the stock jeep horn sounds like a squeaky toy? I'm not out to scare anyone, but It would be kind of embarrassing to sound like the Road-Runner if someone were to cut me off...MEEP! Was looking into changing it. Any opinions? Thanks!!

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

Thought about doing that... love how mean that sounds! I'm just not sure if I want to deal with an air compressor or anything complicated right now. Do you know of any aftermarket horn that is loud?

swampdog

Am I the only one who thinks the stock jeep horn sounds like a squeaky toy? I'm not out to scare anyone, but It would be kind of embarrassing to sound like the Road-Runner if someone were to cut me off...MEEP! Was looking into changing it. Any opinions? Thanks!!

It's funny you say that bc my fiancée laughs hysterically every time I use the horn in the jeep. It's definitely not fitting of the beasts we turn these things into, but, I aim not to use the horn too often.

jeeeep

Hooked
The horn on my 2010 sounds like it came from a 1970's VW Beetle. The horn on my 2015 is much louder and waiting for the build sheet to see what model horn it is.

Hella and PIAA make louder direct replacements

BdugJK

I feel the same way (stock horn stinks). I installed twin hellas and they are much better, not much deeper but much louder. I laid on the stock horn once because a lady was not turning right on a right turn at all times intersection, there was a green arrow and sign, aaannndddd my wife just laughed at me.. :mad:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I put a pair of PIAA sport horns in. Much better. They mount in the stock locations.

Top Bottom