Exhaust headers

77boomer2007

It has become painfully obvious that I must change out my header.

For the money, what are the proven brands that anyone of you would recommend?

Plus how much is too much for a new header?

WJCO

Meme King
I'm assuming you have the 4.0L ? I don't have prices in front of me, but truthfully, I would stick with a factory style exhaust manifold. I've had horrible luck with aftermarket headers. If I were running a sports car, mustang, etc, I would look into headers, but for a Jeep, I would go with the factory manifold. That's just me.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Header problems are common with the 4.0. For what it's worth my '92 Comanche came with a standard equipment cracked header in a couple of places. I purchased a new steel header from Crown Automotive for less than $150 and it's been doing its job for about 10K miles with no worries. Buying an aftermarket header is probably a roll of the dice with so much lower quality off shore manufacturing but to me the stocker is a known weak point. Good luck with your decision.:thumb:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I would say if you do chose to go with a aftermarket header, purchase from a reputable company. You get what you pay for.

01dudley

I went with the 2001 2-piece manifold. Similar to a header, but much thicker. You might want to try and get one of those from the Salvage yard.

Uncle Jimmy

For the money and reputation I'd go with banks headers.... They are very well built and have both track and off-road race pedigrees! But if your tight on the funds either a used one from a junk yard or take it off and weld it.

Top Bottom