Land Rover vs JK Rubicon video

dirtlimo

I thought it was pretty insightful. All of it. If they still sold those here it would have been a hard choice for me to be honest.

crowrb29

I think the bigger factor would be price, Defenders are a bit on the high end of the cost spectrum

I thought it was pretty insightful. All of it. If they still sold those here it would have been a hard choice for me to be honest.

I feel like they would be considerably cheaper in areas where they are common like Australia or Africa. I'd be super interested in getting one of they still had a NAS version. That is unless I want to spend around 100k for a 20 year old vehicle.

Since I live in Sweden I see defenders now and then, they are to be honest not that rare here but of course not very common either. Both the jeep and defender have their pros and cons. When it comes to comfort and to use it as a dd with family my opinion is that the jeep are just superior. In stock the sahara and the defender are pretty eqaul but the rubicon will outperform the landy for several reasons, mostly due to lockers, swaybar disconect.

The landrover are more common in some areas like many african countrys and just because of that they can be a better choose if something breaks down. Easier to find parts.

Many people also think that the landy is very unreliable and break down often but a lot of people say that about the jeeps to. My wrangler is now 4 years old ( been in traffic for 3 and a half ) with about 55 000 km and still have not had one single fault what so ever. I think that all 4x4 brands do break down sometimes and it mostly depends on how much they are abused.

Anyway, like them both but since I canot afford more than one of them it was very easy for me, jeep it is because they are just more fun, more comfort and way nicer inside. The defender is a bit boring inside but do have to admit they are very good looking on the outside.

Zstairlessone

I would love to watch this, but YouTube buffering makes it impossible. Spent almost 5 minutes and got to watch the first 23 seconds :(

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That's not even a rubicon. Plus, what's the price difference of the two? Take the difference and dump it into a rubicon and the picture starts looking even worse for the LR.

That said, I still dig LR's.

Kyan

And just noticed when I did that screen capture, he made a follow up explaining some stuff, including why he didn't use the Jeeps lockers (something I was curious about)

https://youtu.be/RnE0d1HKzdo

I agree. Interestingly comparing to Jeep Rubicon but not using it's diff locks. I also like the part he says: If I had gone and locked Jeep's Lockable axels, you know as well as I do, it would just outperformed the Land Rover.

GraniteCrystal

I agree. Interestingly comparing to Jeep Rubicon but not using it's diff locks. I also like the part he says: If I had gone and locked Jeep's Lockable axels, you know as well as I do, it would just outperformed the Land Rover.

Yeah, that was classic.

GraniteCrystal

That's not even a rubicon. Plus, what's the price difference of the two? Take the difference and dump it into a rubicon and the picture starts looking even worse for the LR.

That said, I still dig LR's.

That's the Call of Duty badge on the side yeah? Isn't that just a little bit more tricked out Rubi? Interesting it doesn't have the decal on the hood though

Possible that in other countries the two are similar price? Otherwise yeah, I totally agree that he didn't address the massive price difference

I watched the video and turned it off after the first five minutes. I dont see how the two can be compared and being that the source was European i knew there would be prejudice and I felt there was. Did you see the front end flex on that LR? Haha:cheesy:
I can tell you from experience as we have taken many land rovers in on trade, that their depreciation rate is comparable to a lead balloon falling out of the sky... not to mention they keep my service dept busy! I understand that there is a cult following for them much like jeeps but personally I think there's no comparison

dwvninety

I like both since I have both I wheel. My LR has front, center, and rear lockers, my Jeep is a Rubicon. Comfort wise LR hands down, reliability Jeep. Capability I give it to the Jeep since there are more aftermarket mods. Although the V8 on the LR give it a bit more HP.

IMG_1781.jpg

That's the Call of Duty badge on the side yeah? Isn't that just a little bit more tricked out Rubi? Interesting it doesn't have the decal on the hood though

Possible that in other countries the two are similar price? Otherwise yeah, I totally agree that he didn't address the massive price difference

Correct, the Call of Duty is a Rubicon with different badges.

dwvninety

What's a center locker?

It makes sure you have at least one wheel in front turning and one wheel in the rear turning at the same time. Much like a rear locker will have both rear wheels turning or a front locker having both front wheels turning.

Top Bottom