Happy Australia Day!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Happy Australia Day! The day when all Australians celebrate the landing of the first fleet and what it means to be Australian. I thought it would be a good opportunity to see how many Aussies and expats there are on Wayalife. So chime in and let us know where you are and what you're doing today. I'll be in the glasshouse mountains doing some trail riding and then throwing some lamb on the BBQ later tonight with the family while listening to Triple j

Angry Aussie

Oh man I miss triple j!! If I was in Australia right now id probably be heading to Big Day Out or hanging with friends and family. Have a great day mate.

LeighP

Yep...another Aussie checking in.
Although I'm spending Australia Day at work...... 1.5 hours to go and then I'm off home for a steak! :thumb:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Oh man I miss triple j!! If I was in Australia right now id probably be heading to Big Day Out or hanging with friends and family. Have a great day mate.

Yeah big day out was awesome. I went 3 or 4 times best year was when nine inch nails and rammstein both came. Unfortunately it died a couple of years back as they were struggling to get any big names

Unknown

Sorry for the late reply. Nothing much just spent the day with my daughters and having lunch with them on the beach at Wynnum (Brisbane)

Angry Aussie

Yeah big day out was awesome. I went 3 or 4 times best year was when nine inch nails and rammstein both came. Unfortunately it died a couple of years back as they were struggling to get any big names

Oh bummer that's sad to hear, Big Day Out was awesome the couple of years I went. My favorite was the powder finger year. May have been 06 or 07. It was an epic day! So much fun and so so so many beers!!! Don't laugh at me but two things I miss most is VB!! I know I know, but I love it. Shweeps lemonade and also chicken flavored chips or potato chips.

Unknown

Yeah, there's still quite a few festivals going on but there doesn't seem to be draw there used to be! My favourite, and probably showing my age here, was the Livid festival in Brissy years ago when Powderfinger were starting to get noticed and Devo were the main act, man that was fun!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Oh bummer that's sad to hear, Big Day Out was awesome the couple of years I went. My favorite was the powder finger year. May have been 06 or 07. It was an epic day! So much fun and so so so many beers!!! Don't laugh at me but two things I miss most is VB!! I know I know, but I love it. Shweeps lemonade and also chicken flavored chips or potato chips.

Geez I don't think I've had a VB since I was 19 but it's definitely better XXXX Gold! That stuff will kill you

Yeah, there's still quite a few festivals going on but there doesn't seem to be draw there used to be! My favourite, and probably showing my age here, was the Livid festival in Brissy years ago when Powderfinger were starting to get noticed and Devo were the main act, man that was fun!

Yeah I remember seeing powderfinger in Cairns back in maybe 2001. First and only festival to be held up there. It was awesome

Angry Aussie

I love VB cause it was the first beer I had with my grandfather and I loved sitting on the porch with drinking VB and eating Smiths chicken flavored potato chips. I know there's better out here but some how I always end up VB in my hands.

Top Bottom