CB Radio

JSTJPN

Does anyone know if they make a cb that uses a wireless headset that allows you to still communicate while outside of your vehicle?

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Uniden makes a cordless hand mike that you add to their upper end radios. Bluetooth I think.

It wasn't for communicating with your own Jeep/cb but gave you freedom to get out of the seat.

If you want to walk around and talk to your own jeep, then you need a crappy handheld.

JSTJPN

Uniden makes a cordless hand mike that you add to their upper end radios. Bluetooth I think.

It wasn't for communicating with your own Jeep/cb but gave you freedom to get out of the seat.

If you want to walk around and talk to your own jeep, then you need a crappy handheld.

Yea I was hoping that I could find a cb with a wireless headset to talk with of jeepers especially when spotting. You know something like the ones we use in the military.

toxicwaste29

Don't cb systems read the same channels as a walkie talkies? Why not just have one of those with a extended mic like the kind cops use?

Jackal01

I have the Uniden Wireless Mic. It works very well. It uses their own technology, I believe NOT bluetooth. Has an advertised range of 200 feet although I have not used it that far. It comes in handy when out of the jeep but still needing to talk to others (or hear). Can't change the channel, only volume. I like it because I don't have a cord hanging down in front of my RVM.

Jackal01

I assume you are satisfied with the range you get when traveling?

Yea. I have my 2 foot Firestik 2 tuned nearly perfectly. My setup is pretty solid. It took a lot of work to get the antenna tuned right but that is just the way it is.

JSTJPN

Yea. I have my 2 foot Firestik 2 tuned nearly perfectly. My setup is pretty solid. It took a lot of work to get the antenna tuned right but that is just the way it is.

Thanks for the information. I am definitely going to check out your recommendations.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I did some more looking today. There are some headsets and i think some were bluetooth setups but I was just skipping around. It would be a cool option I think.

Evil

Don't cb systems read the same channels as a walkie talkies? Why not just have one of those with a extended mic like the kind cops use?

I have a set of these little crappy cobra hand helds the kids get when were out wheeling and get out to explore, squelch everything out and its perfect. I dont know if its on the same band but they are labeled as a CB and not a walkie talkie. Walkie talkie has no option to change chanels but hell, I havent seen one of those for 30 + years :D

WarriorJeep

Most truck stops like Flying J and TA carry a plethora of wireless cb microphone options, can also check out online trucker shops

JSTJPN

I did some more looking today. There are some headsets and i think some were bluetooth setups but I was just skipping around. It would be a cool option I think.

Yea, I have found some wireless handsets but still looking at different head units for capability.

Top Bottom