Questin - removing rear seatbelts on a 2 door JK?

geberhard

Douchebag
Question - removing rear seatbelts on a 2 door JK?

Gang, any info and tips or tools needed to remove the rear seatbelts on a 2 door JK? I believe Torx bits and possibly a 10 mm nut?

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

I'm not sure how soon you need the info, but I will be helping a buddy do this soon. Yeah definitely torx but the question is getting the side panels off to get to the tensioner. Subscribed if you beat me to it! [emoji106]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Gang, any info and tips or tools needed to remove the rear seatbelts on a 2 door JK? I believe Torx bits and possibly a 10 mm nut?

Appreciate the help, thanks!

It's pretty easy. Two bolts per side, one top one bottom. Pull the plastic cover off the top and unbolt. Lift the carpet and unbolt.

geberhard

Douchebag
Thanks, picking up teh rear seat and belts tonight. 3rd row seat for the trail in the near future. And yep am adding to the cage :D

The 4 door seems super straighforward (just checked my setup) but have not seen how a 2 door is set. I hate them Torx :bleh:
thanks!

Gui

USMC Wrangler

USMC, what did you do for rear belts on your 3rd row? Thanks!

Edit ops found your thread thanks! http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

Also good input on RH cage addition, am debating on that but looks very solid, woudl you do it again or just go custom cage?

Thanks!

No regrets with the RH cage addition. As you saw I used a non-JK seat for my third row and lap belts. Last Friday I finally found a JK seat, near me and for a great price from my buddy mentioned before. I still need to go back and pull his factory belts. I have some ideas on how/where to mount the shoulder belts but won't know for sure until I have them on hand. I believe the RH addition will be a good place, but just a guess.

Thanks to Overlander for the tip!

geberhard

Douchebag
Thanks guys for the info, the removal of the belts was very easy (well kinda easy as the fawkers were freaking tight), but let's say straight forward, took about 5 minutes per side. TorX (hmmm 40 0r 45 if not mistaken) on two spots and then a nut to the base.

Am stoked, 3rd row seat, just ordered some Teraflex brackets, and will skip nutserts and go with mounts to body instead. I am deciding in a few days if I just go ahead and modify and add to the cage or go with the RH setup. I like the design setup and the flexibility to remove if needed, but am thinking full cage direction will likely be the plan.

USMC I took measurements on the 2dr seatbelt location and belive they can be replicated using the RH cage mounts. so I will take some pics and post up.

Thanks again,

Gui

Top Bottom