Rock Light / Entry Light - I did use search first

bjielsl

I have rock lights that I would like to be turned on by the dome lights. I have read some places that say tap the yellow wire in Pass Kick area. But I have also read that is for 11- I am learning more about the Can-Bus system so I am a bit scared to just find a wire to the dome light and tap it. The Rock lights are already on their own independent circuit. Power to switch, switch to relay. Fuse to relay, etc. Just wondering if there was a wire I could tap to the 85 on the relay to also activate the relay to turn on the rock lights. I would be nice. I leave work after dark a lot and park in a construction yard.

2015 JKUR

Arizona JKU

Lux lighting

Look up Lux Lighting. They make an amazing rock light that has a professional lighting system all you have to do is run the switch to the cab and wire it to the battery. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Look up Lux Lighting. They make an amazing rock light that has a professional lighting system all you have to do is run the switch to the cab and wire it to the battery. :thumb:

Sounds like he already has a similar setup to that but wants to wire it differently.

bjielsl

You said you wanted your rock lights turned on by your dome light circuit.

Ah, yes... Sorry better explanation on my part. They would also turn off when my dome light went off. The Rock lights are also on an independent switch that I can activate regardless of the domelight.

WJCO

Meme King
Ah, yes... Sorry better explanation on my part. They would also turn off when my dome light went off. The Rock lights are also on an independent switch that I can activate regardless of the domelight.

What's the main reason you're wanting to do this? Seems like a lot of work rather than the set up you already have. Is this so that when you open your door, the rock lights come on?

bjielsl

What's the main reason you're wanting to do this? Seems like a lot of work rather than the set up you already have. Is this so that when you open your door, the rock lights come on?

So when I hit unlock on my FOB and it turns on my dome lights it will also illuminate the ground around my jeep. Like I said I park in a construction yard and it would just be nice to see what I am walking into at night. Just a convenience.

I already have everything wired all I need is a trigger for the relay. Just didn't know which wire to use as a trigger.

WJCO

Meme King
So when I hit unlock on my FOB and it turns on my dome lights it will also illuminate the ground around my jeep. Like I said I park in a construction yard and it would just be nice to see what I am walking into at night. Just a convenience.

I already have everything wired all I need is a trigger for the relay. Just didn't know which wire to use as a trigger.

Now I see what you're doing. You'll probably need a wiring diagram. You'll have to make sure that you wire it in a way that if you want to use your rock lights on the trail that it doesn't leave power to your dome lights.

Makes a LOT more sense now. Cool idea!

Top Bottom