Performance Level on Rubicon

phi502

Hey guys. I have a 2016 Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock that I am wanting to put a small lift on. I was originally thinking the Teraflex spacer leveling kit. However, I am now think about the performance spring leveling kit. My thought is if I need to get the rear end a little higher I can add a .5" spacer. Anyways, my current springs are 18/59. Has anyone put the perofrmance kit on this setup? Will I see the true 2" in the front, 1" in the back vs my current 18/59 springs? I don't have aftermarket bumpers, winch, or any significant added weight.
I've heard issues with sag on the Teraflex springs. Has anyone here experienced this? Thanks!

Arizona JKU

Tires??

If your plaining on doing bigger tires I would say do a 2.5in coil spring lift kit. Im doing a 2.5in kit on my JKU tomorrow and putting 35 on it..:rock::rock:

Napalm

As I preach to anyone else who's asking about budget boost, I highly recommend the EVO HD leveling kit. It's a 2inch spring in the front and a 3/4 inch spacer in the rear. It's an EVO plush ride coil and rides much better than stock. Off road performance is great for a leveling kit. You'll net about 2.25 inches in the front and even after running the kit for over a year I saw no sag in the springs whatsoever. I ran a 35inch tire on it with a flat dense and had no rubbing. It's a great buy.

phi502

As I preach to anyone else who's asking about budget boost, I highly recommend the EVO HD leveling kit. It's a 2inch spring in the front and a 3/4 inch spacer in the rear. It's an EVO plush ride coil and rides much better than stock. Off road performance is great for a leveling kit. You'll net about 2.25 inches in the front and even after running the kit for over a year I saw no sag in the springs whatsoever. I ran a 35inch tire on it with a flat dense and had no rubbing. It's a great buy.

I had considered this kit as well. My concern is that with only .75" in the back, I would be sitting nose high. If anything, I would rather remain a little high in the back to compensate for gear or towing a trailer.

phi502

If your plaining on doing bigger tires I would say do a 2.5in coil spring lift kit. Im doing a 2.5in kit on my JKU tomorrow and putting 35 on it..:rock::rock:

I will be going to either 33" or 34" tires eventually. I would love to go 35's, but honestly I test drove a new Jeep the dealer had put 35's on and it wasn't the ride on the highway I was looking for.

Heholua

I will be going to either 33" or 34" tires eventually. I would love to go 35's, but honestly I test drove a new Jeep the dealer had put 35's on and it wasn't the ride on the highway I was looking for.

It probably wasn't the ride you were looking for because there was probably too much air in the tires. My guess is there was probably 37psi on a 10 ply. You should test drive 35s at 28-30psi and see what you think.

phi502

It probably wasn't the ride you were looking for because there was probably too much air in the tires. My guess is there was probably 37psi on a 10 ply. You should test drive 35s at 28-30psi and see what you think.

You may be right. There were a lot of things I didn't know to look for at the time as I was new to the JK world. The biggest turn off was the gas mileage, only doing 13 on the interstate....but I'm not sure if the computer had been recalibrated.

Just curious, which 2.5 kit did you decided on?

Heholua

You may be right. There were a lot of things I didn't know to look for at the time as I was new to the JK world. The biggest turn off was the gas mileage, only doing 13 on the interstate....but I'm not sure if the computer had been recalibrated.

Just curious, which 2.5 kit did you decided on?

I have a 2" AEV puck lift with 35s. Calibration has a huge impact with shifting points, actual speed and mileage.

Wethy

Blows my mind how that happens :S I was at the dealer the other day they aired up my duratracs from 31 psi all the way up to 45 and the whole 40 min drive back home it felt like I was driving a dump truck the ride was ridiculous

Top Bottom