King shocks

projectMMTB

I've decided to do the Evo front bolt on King coilover kit and I can't decided between the King 2.5" or the King 2.5" with the adjuster for the rear.
Does the adjuster make a big enough difference to justify the extra $200?
I'll be making a build thread as soon as I get my axles in.

CJW

The compression adjusters help when loaded up with gear. Soften them when empty and firm them up to help with trail gear weight when off roaring. I don't have coilovers but do have the Kings with adjusters and it's a noticeable difference. They also hep when the speed increases.

projectMMTB

The compression adjusters help when loaded up with gear. Soften them when empty and firm them up to help with trail gear weight when off roaring. I don't have coilovers but do have the Kings with adjusters and it's a noticeable difference. They also hep when the speed increases.

Sweet. I just didn't know of the adjustment was a big enough difference to justify. But if it's noticeable I'll go with them
Thanks man

professorkx

Sweet. I just didn't know of the adjustment was a big enough difference to justify. But if it's noticeable I'll go with them
Thanks man

I had the same question before I bought my King 2.5 shocks, and went with the adjusters on all 4 corners. I am running stock Rubicon springs with budget boost, and with the stock shocks, the front end would sway side-to-side so bad I ran with the sway bar connected unless I was crawling. In addition, the front wheels would come off the ground in the sand washes when the stock shocks went from full compression and then unloaded on rebound. Hated the ride with stock shocks off and on road.

Tested the new Kings at a local OHV last weekend with 22 pounds of air in the tires and 2 clicks from full out. Jeep was stable and controlled over the chop with bumps going to about 16 inches, but mostly 6-10 inches. Had some bottoming, so went to 5 clicks on all 4 corners, and ride improved and speed instantly increased, but still a few times it bottomed. Increased to 10 clicks and the change over stock was HUGE. No bottoming, front end stayed on the ground and the ride inside the jeep was pretty darn smooth. A friend was with me in a 2010 Rubicon with 35 tires and 3 inch lift, and my speed was more than twice his speed. When we stopped to talk, he said that at his speed, things were flying all over the jeep and he and his son were getting tossed around pretty good, while my jeep looked smooth and stable. I can now leave the sway bar disconnected and no side-to-side sway over rough terrain.

In summary, on and off road it's like I have a completely different jeep. If you spend time on different terrain, spring for the adjusters, as you can then fine tune your ride. For my uses, I'm glad I spent the extra money on the adjusters...

Top Bottom