PSC steering ram skid plate

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone running the PSC system; What skid plate did you use for this setup? The EVO plate looks bombproof. Anything better?

Ddays

Hooked
Honestly the EVO skid is the only one I've been able to find so far. Nothing on Artec's site either.

Maybe when some of the West-coasters wake up & get over their hangovers from the Suds-n-grub last night they might be able to answer? ;) .

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure the Evo skid is designed to be used its their Dana 60 high steer kit that mounts the drag link and tie rod in double shear on the high steer arm. That steering ram skid looks like it mounts way to high to use with the average set up, because with their steering kit, the steering ram attaches where the tie rod normally does.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just checked ORE's website again and highoctane is right. The Evo ram skid is made for a 60 front. Being that you have a pr44 it isn't going to work. You could prob have something custom made for it tho

Ddays

Hooked
Yup, I just did the same thing..I didn't scroll down to see the description that it was D60 only. Well, unless someone chimes in on something I guess I'll just have to get something fabbed up.

CrazyLarry

Honestly a skid really shouldnt be needed to protect a ram on a jk axle. If done properly the ram should be mounted on top of the tie rod in a double shear configuration on both the tie rod clamp and the axle side tracbar bracket. It would be very difficult to damage the ram in that position. I would spend my money elsewhere. On a 60 with the highsteer configuration thats a different story

Ddays

Hooked
I know you're probably right but when I see photos of this setup that ram just seems to be yelling "hit me, hit me!", know what I mean?
IDK, maybe once I get the system on and I can see it first hand I'll be more comfortable without one.

Is anyone else out there with the hydro assist running a skid for the ram cylinder on a PR44 (or any 44 for that matter) front end?

metalic

I know you're probably right but when I see photos of this setup that ram just seems to be yelling "hit me, hit me!", know what I mean?
IDK, maybe once I get the system on and I can see it first hand I'll be more comfortable without one.

Is anyone else out there with the hydro assist running a skid for the ram cylinder on a PR44 (or any 44 for that matter) front end?

I'm running psc cylinder on my G2 44 and thought the same thing when I mounted it as I have tweaked my tie rod a few times. I've had a few wheeling trips now and haven't had an issue with anything hitting my cylinder

Ddays

Hooked
I'm running psc cylinder on my G2 44 and thought the same thing when I mounted it as I have tweaked my tie rod a few times. I've had a few wheeling trips now and haven't had an issue with anything hitting my cylinder

Good to know. What tie rod are you running? Got a photo of your setup?

CrazyLarry

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454082212.841304.jpg

Here's a pic of mine. That's not getting damaged easily trust me. Is it possible? Sure but where would you even mount the skid? Under the tie rod welded to the axle tube?

jeeeep

Hooked
Honestly a skid really shouldnt be needed to protect a ram on a jk axle. If done properly the ram should be mounted on top of the tie rod in a double shear configuration on both the tie rod clamp and the axle side tracbar bracket. It would be very difficult to damage the ram in that position. I would spend my money elsewhere. On a 60 with the highsteer configuration thats a different story
that's a good point

WJCO

Meme King
BUT if there's someone out there that actually has a skid on theirs I'd still love to see it!

I swear Eddie or Cindy just posted a pic of Moby wheeling on another unrelated thread and you could see the skid under it. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Just re-looked at the beginning of this thread. His is a 60.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I swear Eddie or Cindy just posted a pic of Moby wheeling on another unrelated thread and you could see the skid under it. I'll see if I can find it.

Eddie runs a Dynatrac ProRock 60 in Moby though, with the Offroad Evolution dana 60 high steer kit.

This is what the exact setup on Moby is. Done in house by Offroad Evolution. Requires a dana 60 with high steer arms on both left and right knuckles. There's not any feasible way to get that to work on a JK D44.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408735802.021039.jpg

Top Bottom