Poison Spyder 2 1/2" Backup Light Wiring

bfschor

Yeah guys, I'm wanting to tie the PS 2 1/2" backup led lights for their Rock Brawler rear bumper into my reverse lights. Their led lights have a black and a white wire. Does anyone know which color is supposed to go to positive?

Thanks!

bfschor

Yeah guys, I'm wanting to tie the PS 2 1/2" backup led lights for their Rock Brawler rear bumper into my reverse lights. Their led lights have a black and a white wire. Does anyone know which color is supposed to go to positive? Thanks!

Just to be clear, I'm only tying into the factory reverse lights, which I believe the positive wire for those is the white and green wire (2013 jk). I'm not going to hook up a separate switch for these lights.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah guys, I'm wanting to tie the PS 2 1/2" backup led lights for their Rock Brawler rear bumper into my reverse lights. Their led lights have a black and a white wire. Does anyone know which color is supposed to go to positive?

Thanks!

Almost all LEDs are polarity sensitive so current will only flow one way. I would take the light up front and touch both wires to your battery and find out which way works the light. Chances are the white wire will be your positive wire.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Almost all LEDs are polarity sensitive so current will only flow one way. I would take the light up front and touch both wires to your battery and find out which way works the light. Chances are the white wire will be your positive wire.

^^this. Or if you have a multimeter you could use the diode check function.

bfschor

Thanks....that worked. Though one light is brighter than the other. Uggg....I'm so not good with electronics! Oh well....they aren't that impressive anyway. Everything is back together.

Top Bottom