Dynatrac pr44 no axles?

dodgerob2

Um. So my prorock44 just arrived at my part suppliers without the axles or inner seals. Has this ever happened to anybody else? :thinking::idontknow: I ordered it with chromoly axles.

dodgerob2

I odered it through 4wheelparts belive it or not. I was there when they did the order so I'm pretty sure it was a Dynatrac mix up. I'm not to worried yet, Dynatrac has a great reputation and will probably resolve it quickly. I'm just a little bummed out because I waited 7 weeks for it to arrive.

UPDATE 02/02/2016: Click on the link below to see the final outcome without having to read the whole thread.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?34110-Dynatrac-pr44-no-axles&p=646415&viewfull=1#post646415

Last edited:

holliewood61

Its possible the shafts and seals were shipped directly from the manufacturer. This happened to me when i did my gears and lockers. The gears and install kits shipped from the supplier, lockers shipped from the manufacturer. Gears and install kits showed up one day, lockers the next.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I odered it through 4wheelparts belive it or not. I was there when they did the order so I'm pretty sure it was a Dynatrac mix up. I'm not to worried, Dynatrac has a great reputation and will probably resolve it quickly. I'm just a little bummed out because I waited 7 weeks for it to arrive.

Why would you assume that Dynatrac made the mistake just because you were present when you placed your order at 4WheelParts? What axle shafts did you order with the ProRock 44? Unless you order a complete housing directly from Dyantrac, the authorized "vendor" you ordered from will be responsible for "providing" and "installing" the internal components.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I odered it through 4wheelparts belive it or not. I was there when they did the order so I'm pretty sure it was a Dynatrac mix up. I'm not to worried yet, Dynatrac has a great reputation and will probably resolve it quickly. I'm just a little bummed out because I waited 7 weeks for it to arrive.
So you ordered it from 4wheel parts and you assume it's Dynatracs fault ?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454203219.116081.jpg

DGP

Bummer man. Just installed my pro rock 44 with RCVs yesterday. Had mine built by trail jeeps and the pallet showed up with all the parts attached. Those guys were great to deal with and made sure everything was perfect. The install took 5hrs with no serious hick ups. I vowed a long time ago to never give 4wheelparts another dime. My guess is that it was their screw up, not dynatracs.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I bet you spent only $2,200 on just the housing and didn't order it with the internals

dodgerob2

I ordered it fully assembled minus the outers. 4:56 gears, Eaton E-locker, 30 spline Chromoly Axles, Rebuildable ball joints, Ultimate 44 housing. Gears and lockers installed and cover sealed on with no axle seals installed? or axles shipped.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered it fully assembled minus the outers. 4:56 gears, Eaton E-locker, 30 spline Chromoly Axles, Rebuildable ball joints, Ultimate 44 housing. Gears and lockers installed and cover sealed on with no axle seals installed? or axles shipped.

WHAT 30 spline chromoly axle shafts did you order as in, WHO makes them? This WILL make a difference as to WHAT axle shaft seals get used. When you buy from a VENDOR like 4WheelParts, THEY are the ones who ASSEMBLE the internal components YOU'VE chosen to buy INCLUDING axle shafts, gears, lockers, etc. The ONLY way an axle housing comes completely assembled from Dynatrac is IF you ordered it directly from Dynatrac. YOU did NOT.

Sounds to me like 4WheelParts is feeding you a line of BS and throwing Dynatrac under the bus for their screw up.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I vowed a long time ago to never give 4wheelparts another dime. My guess is that it was their screw up, not dynatracs.

I'm with you there brother. I vowed to never give them ANY of my money when they pushed there Smittybilt crap. The phone call went something like "we got some great parts here called Smittybilt and they are very reasonable....(CLICK)...Hello?"

To the OP, we hope you can explain why you are quick to blame Dynatrac and not 4wheelparts.

dodgerob2

Eddie, I don't know who supplies Dynatrac with their axle shafts. I didn't ask. It was supposed to be ordered as a complete assembly. Not RCVs.

dwvninety

Eddie, I don't know who supplies Dynatrac with their axle shafts. I didn't ask. It was supposed to be ordered as a complete assembly. Not RCVs.

So why the immediate blame on Dynatrac? Unless you ordered direct from them I think you should go ask 4wheelsparts who you bought it from.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Dynatrac does NOT make axle shafts or at least, not as of yet. YOU the buyer NEED to specify the shafts you want if you order directly from Dynatrac. Of course, YOU ordered from 4wheelParts so you are most likely getting G2 shafts. This is something that Dynatrac would NEVER sell with their axle housings and it isn't something they can ASSUME you are going to do. As I have said before, when you buy from a VENDOR, THEY are responsible for the build. The problem is 4WheelParts fault.

JAGS

Hooked
WHAT 30 spline chromoly axle shafts did you order as in, WHO makes them? This WILL make a difference as to WHAT axle shaft seals get used. When you buy from a VENDOR like 4WheelParts, THEY are the ones who ASSEMBLE the internal components YOU'VE chosen to buy INCLUDING axle shafts, gears, lockers, etc. The ONLY way an axle housing comes completely assembled from Dynatrac is IF you ordered it directly from Dynatrac. YOU did NOT.

Sounds to me like 4WheelParts is feeding you a line of BS and throwing Dynatrac under the bus for their screw up.

Just what you wanted to come home to was this bullshit right. This thread is retarded!! Where's that guy who signed up here, but actually works for 4wheelfarts. Maybe he can clear this shit up. Lol :crazyeyes: :doh:

Top Bottom