Battle of the Shocks

Hey guys! I've been researching this question for awhile, which shock to pair with my EVO enforcer I plan on getting in the near future! I will in the future save up for King 2.0s! But in the mean time I've narrowed down between Bilstein 5100s or Rancho 9000sxl? I've seen people in the enforcer thread talk about which shock they like but I just want some direct answers or direct experience! So which have you guys ran and which set up works best?
Thanks for Any advice guys! I appreciate it! :thumb:

I can't compare the two but I really like my ranchos. For the price point they perform great. I've had multiple people comment on how nice my jeep rides.

WJCO

Meme King
I have Bilstein 5100s on my black sheep WJ. I love em. Best shock I've owned that compromises for street use and trail use.

I can't compare the two but I really like my ranchos. For the price point they perform great. I've had multiple people comment on how nice my jeep rides.

Thank you! What do you have them set to? Do you ever change the setting to something different when wheeling?

WJCO

Meme King
Sweet thankyou! How many years did you have em?

Truthfully I've had them less than a year, but still love them. I do know someone who's had them for 3 years who loves them as well with no complaints. I have had Ranchos on previous vehicles which are good too. But I am really happy with the the Bilsteins. They seem like a good balance for on road or offroad.

Truthfully I've had them less than a year, but still love them. I do know someone who's had them for 3 years who loves them as well with no complaints. I have had Ranchos on previous vehicles which are good too. But I am really happy with the the Bilsteins. They seem like a good balance for on road or offroad.

Sweet thank you for the input!

Skid_Kid

Hey guys! I've been researching this question for awhile, which shock to pair with my EVO enforcer I plan on getting in the near future! I will in the future save up for King 2.0s! But in the mean time I've narrowed down between Bilstein 5100s or Rancho 9000sxl? I've seen people in the enforcer thread talk about which shock they like but I just want some direct answers or direct experience! So which have you guys ran and which set up works best?
Thanks for Any advice guys! I appreciate it! :thumb:

Save your money and get the Rancho 7000's.

aaronstephen

I've run both the Rancho 7000's and the Rancho 5000x shocks and I wouldn't pay the extra for the 7000's. I would compare the 5000x series to Fox shocks. They are surprisingly great shocks for the price.

swampdog

I too have the Rancho 9Ks and love them. I'm running them on setting 3 front and rear but may bump the back up a click or 2. What do you run yours at?

Skid_Kid

Instead of 9000sxl?

Yes. That way you save some money, can save some money and don't have to worry about a knob potentially breaking off. I am running the 7000's right now with my Enforcer and love the ride. It was recommended to me be a fellow member who's is running the 9000's.

Yes. That way you save some money, can save some money and don't have to worry about a knob potentially breaking off. I am running the 7000's right now with my Enforcer and love the ride. It was recommended to me be a fellow member who's is running the 9000's.

I have never heard anything about the knob falling off, thanks for the heads up

swampdog

On the rear, I have the tube turned to where the knob sits I the lower shock mount to prevent it from getting busted off by a rock, but in reality, it's a $5 piece so it doesn't really matter. In fact, to prevent spending $5 I am making it so hard on myself to adjust the setting on these things...hmmmmmm

Lil Nasty

I'm on my fourth vehicle with the bilsteins. They are dependable for sure but I think they are a little harsh for my taste. I'm planning on going with the rancho Shock next. I've heard that the 5000 are just as soft as the 9000 turned down. I'm not sure if you're looking for a softer ride. Just my opinion.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm on my fourth vehicle with the bilsteins. They are dependable for sure but I think they are a little harsh for my taste. I'm planning on going with the rancho Shock next. I've heard that the 5000 are just as soft as the 9000 turned down. I'm not sure if you're looking for a softer ride. Just my opinion.

5000's would be closer to the 9000's turned up. I have the 5000's and have no complaints.

dwvninety

I run 9000's and have it turned up to 7 for DD. On the trails I usually dial it down to 4 and if its rock crawling I have it on 2.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

5000's would be closer to the 9000's turned up. I have the 5000's and have no complaints.

Agreed. I'm currently running the 5000x and would say they are closer to a 9000 turned up to a 7 or so. I've also run Fox shocks with my current setup. I'll be swapping over to the adjustable 9000 in a month or so, so I can dial them down and get a softer ride.

Top Bottom