Front bumper options

Wethy

Looking at buying a bumper in a few weeks, would love to purchase a 1/4 pounder however the Canadian exchange rate is bad and makes picking up EVO parts harder to justify.

Looking for opinions for front bumpers that are decent quality and easier to obtain. Doesn't need to be fancy just has to have integrated winch mount and be a stubby. Was looking at the RC hybrid stubby(as it's basically a winch plate and end caps) or the Rampage recovery stubby.

Any opinions are appreciated and will look into what they're worth up here.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Bumpers

I am in the same boat.... looking to change out both front and rear with winch and tire carrier this spring. My original goal was to use AEV but between their already high pricing and our sagging dollar I have recently been swayed by LoD through Northridge 4X4.ca I have not looked at the EVO for pricing but have seen both EVO and LoD hold up well in the Wayalife videos.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking at buying a bumper in a few weeks, would love to purchase a 1/4 pounder however the Canadian exchange rate is bad and makes picking up EVO parts harder to justify.

Looking for opinions for front bumpers that are decent quality and easier to obtain. Doesn't need to be fancy just has to have integrated winch mount and be a stubby. Was looking at the RC hybrid stubby(as it's basically a winch plate and end caps) or the Rampage recovery stubby.

Any opinions are appreciated and will look into what they're worth up here.

Have you looked at the PureJeep Bare Bonez with winch mount? Might be worth taking s look at. Tough, can mount a winch, stubby, and looks good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked at the PureJeep Bare Bonez with winch mount? Might be worth taking s look at. Tough, can mount a winch, stubby, and looks good.

This is what I would recommend. It's what I ran for a period of time even before it was packaged up and given a name and it worked great and for cheap. Being that PUREJEEP is sold through 4WheelParts, you should be able to get it in Canada.

Wethy

Why not save all your nickels up and take a road trip to the states and buy everything? Just sayin...

I thought about that however I'm sure trying to get back across the border would be brutal and I'm sure they'd ding me for everything. The other reason is that I makes more sense to buy from somewhere up here because I can save on duties, and can either drive to pick it up or find a place with free shipping.

Wethy

I am in the same boat.... looking to change out both front and rear with winch and tire carrier this spring. My original goal was to use AEV but between their already high pricing and our sagging dollar I have recently been swayed by LoD through Northridge 4X4.ca I have not looked at the EVO for pricing but have seen both EVO and LoD hold up well in the Wayalife videos.

I was looking at NR Canada last night the EVO 1/4 pounder is 588 Canadian and the stinger to go along with it is almost 500

Wethy

This is what I would recommend. It's what I ran for a period of time even before it was packaged up and given a name and it worked great and for cheap. Being that PUREJEEP is sold through 4WheelParts, you should be able to get it in Canada.

Thanks guys I'll definitely look into it. Would they fit a warn m8000? And could a stinger/bulbar be added later to the purejeep?

Wethy

Have you seen JCR offroad?
They made some really nice equipment.

I did look at them originally along with being expensive up here when i see things like this I have to question their quality and I don't think I could bring myself to get one
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454348633.795368.jpg

Wethy

They're nice and their BFH brawler bar bumper is well priced however I don't want to cut my frame horns incase I decide to do something different/ trade it in later I like the ability to return everything to stock if I want

Edit. i should mention the price nearly doubles for the frame horn mounted PSC bumpers, as well making them as expensive as some other big names

Last edited:

TFD

Have you seen JCR offroad?
They made some really nice equipment.

My experience with jcroffroad has been irritating to say the least. I currently have their skid plates. The drivers side bracket for the engine skid was so far off, it was impossible to line up. I had to do some cutting and have a friend do a little welding. The skids work but the design sucks. I called jcr and they showed little interest in the problem.
I wish I had joined this forum beforehand and stuck with the factory skids and put on the Evo oil pan skid. Lesson learned.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My experience with jcroffroad has been irritating to say the least. I currently have their skid plates. The drivers side bracket for the engine skid was so far off, it was impossible to line up. I had to do some cutting and have a friend do a little welding. The skids work but the design sucks. I called jcr and they showed little interest in the problem.
I wish I had joined this forum beforehand and stuck with the factory skids and put on the Evo oil pan skid. Lesson learned.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. They were on the short list for my next build, as I really do think they make some good 'looking' bumpers. After reading about some issues like you experienced, and the one that bent up on JKX, they are no longer a consideration for me.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That sucks, sorry to hear that. They were on the short list for my next build, as I really do think they make some good 'looking' bumpers. After reading about some issues like you experienced, and the one that bent up on JKX, they are no longer a consideration for me.

Have you looked at Shrockworks?

zip04

I've had to different Warn stubby bumpers (one on a JK and one on a TJ). Both have been excellent quality and worth the money and can have the stinger, etc added later.

glassboy

Poison spyder are awesome have front and rear, purchased in Canada from 4wheel parts not bad price but you get what you pay for

Wethy

I guess I should update I've ordered the Rampage stubby from a local shop around me it was that or the purejeep bare bones bumper I picked the rampage as it had a little more to it than the purejeep and I got a great price on it. And after seeing NFRS2000NYCs rampage full width hold up I'm convinced it was the right choice for me.

Top Bottom