2014 Jks TPMS

spencerd45

Hello all,
I have a 2014 Jks and I started getting the low Tire pressure light. Does anyone know what PSI triggers the alert? I checked the tires individually and they are all around 30-32 PSI (35s Toyo at2)

Thanks again,
Spencer

mr72

Hello all,
I have a 2014 Jks and I started getting the low Tire pressure light. Does anyone know what PSI triggers the alert? I checked the tires individually and they are all around 30-32 PSI (35s Toyo at2)

I think you found it. I don't know the exact cutoff but 32psi sounds about right.

FYI the factory expects 37psi.

JoeB-JKURX

Get a Procal

My experience with the Jeep TPMS is that it triggers around 3 psi below its set point (37 psi at the factory). When I went to 35s, I purchased an AEV Procal module. With it, it is dead easy to correct your speedo and set the TPMS where you want it (and shift points on an auto tranny - which I do not have). I have my TPMS set to 31 and it triggers around 28-29 (sometimes 30 on one tire). It is happy at 31 and a few psi above that (33-34 no problem).

JoeB-JKURX

Rubi is set to 37

My '14 Rubi was factory set to 37 psi (255x75R17 KMs). It may be that some of the JKs sold with street tires had a lower set point at the factory (I don't know). I do know that the TPMS alarm most often won't activate at only one psi below the set point (from my observations) but generally takes 2-3. Also, I note that if one tire is about 2 pr more psi different from the others (and just below the set point where the others are not), the light will often come on. Once you drive for a while and the tires warm up a bit, most often the tire pressure will come to or above the set point (unless they have lost air).

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
My '14 went off at 32. I don't run them, now. You can adjust it with an AEV Procal. I set mine to zero when I got new rims.

jorgelrod

Hooked
As stated by others, it can be fixed with a Procal, might as well buy it now if you plan to do tires and gears in the future...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My '14 went off at 32. I don't run them, now. You can adjust it with an AEV Procal. I set mine to zero when I got new rims.

I did the same thing on my 2014. It's set at zero. With 35s, I'm pretty sure I'll know if I'm getting a flat! Lol! I used the AEV ProCal as well, worked great!

Top Bottom