Need help finding used parts Please

nrbenz

Well it was inevitable i was bound to have some kind of wreck in my 2011 Rubicon. Just didn't think a light pole would be what would do it. Anyway i need you guys help. I have a black 4 door 2011 Rubicon and i need the back tailgate and also will have to replace the back glass. I am sure the hinges and hard ware for the tailgate will need to be replaced also. I would really rather get a pull off already painted tailgate if possible. Does anyone know a good place to get used parts? I am sure i will have to get the window new but i was trying to avoid paint and body work for a new tailgate. IMG_1517.jpg IMG_1515.jpg

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INSIGHT.

dwvninety

Welcome to WAL. Have you tried Craigslist? If its serious enough maybe your insurance can cover it.

JoeB-JKURX

Junkyard

Most junkyards (car disassemblers) subscribe to a network which they can query for whatever part you may need (if they don't have it their own yard). I don't know where in the US you are but if you are anywhere near Dallas, Collins Brothers Jeeps carries parts for almost any Jeep from 1977 to the current time. Dennis Collins must do ok selling Jeep parts, you frequently see him on the Fast and Loud TV program, bankrolling a part of some of Richard's more expensive purchases.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Where in the country are you? Try a used parts online source- junk yards... I mean "auto recyclers" now catalog everything and put in a database. Easy to find what you are looking for.
Start here: http://www.car-part.com/index.htm

Or google "used auto parts" and find something local.

WJCO

Meme King
From Star Wars Jedis to 'how to use your search function.' This thread is on a roll, lol.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Well it was inevitable i was bound to have some kind of wreck in my 2011 Rubicon. Just didn't think a light pole would be what would do it. Anyway i need you guys help. I have a black 4 door 2011 Rubicon and i need the back tailgate and also will have to replace the back glass. I am sure the hinges and hard ware for the tailgate will need to be replaced also. I would really rather get a pull off already painted tailgate if possible. Does anyone know a good place to get used parts? I am sure i will have to get the window new but i was trying to avoid paint and body work for a new tailgate. View attachment 185553 View attachment 185554

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INSIGHT.

There's a great write-up on here for installing a back-up camera! Kidding....sort of. Sucks about your Jeep. Best of luck.

geberhard

Douchebag
Who's Jeddi?

Greta Jeeper guy and he has a business (www.rockriders.com), and often has hard to find used parts as well. I am positive he has a tailgate. If that does not work out, Collins bros as mentioned or or J W Jeeps in Rancho Cordova (www.jwjeep.com)

Hope all works out, may be time to get some solid corner rockers as the stock corners on the JK have very weak support. That is the next mod in my list :)

Top Bottom