Installed Poison Spyder Brawler and Warn M8000S

zimm

Caught the Bug
I just got my Poison Spyder Brawler and Warn M8000-S combo bolted on. I'm very impressed with the fit and build quality. Sweet welds, factory fogs fit, no need to trim frame horns or move vacuum pump. I got it powder coated texture black locally. Northridge 4x4 has the whole combo for $1399 with free shipping. The only "issue" was the screw holes for the fogs are a bit too big so the screws barely are holding on. If they fall out I'll have drill the holes and bolt the fogs in. I"m waiting for my factor 55 flatlink E to replace the hook so it won't block the fog light.

Havoc40

Looking good!! I've been super happy with this bumper. Before I installed mine, I tapped the fog light holes. Then just used some stainless socket head cap screws. Worked like a charm and the lights don't move at all.

20150221_160343.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
Another note on the install. The studs had those sheet metal screwed on washer/nuts- the same things that hold the brake rotors on a new/stock jeep. I didn't bother removing them and they crunched when I tightened the nuts down. I doubt it effects anything other than keeping me up late at night...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm fixing to get the same bumper. I was wanting to know if the front sags from it

That depends on your suspension of course, but if all else is equal, you're replacing a 40lb plastic bumper with maybe 200lbs of bumper and winch (might be less with synthetic rope). So yeah, it will sit lower than it did before.

Eezybreezy08

That depends on your suspension of course, but if all else is equal, you're replacing a 40lb plastic bumper with maybe 200lbs of bumper and winch (might be less with synthetic rope). So yeah, it will sit lower than it did before.

Thanks for the info. I have the Evo level on 35. I figured it would. Just wanted to ask y'all who already had it. So I will probably go ahead and get 3/4 pucks when I order bumper/winch. I'm still debating between ps and Evo bumper. I still have 2 more weeks before I can talk the wife into letting me get it. Thanks for the info

zimm

Caught the Bug
Warn m8000s is 65 pounds. Ship weight on bumper was 74, do it's probably high 60's. That's 130, not 200 pounds. So you're only adding 90 pounds if the factory one is really 40 pounds.

geberhard

Douchebag
Very clean install. What fog lights did you go with? Also are you planning to add a skid or cut out the hanging section (over-rider bar)? on the front (that protects the sway bar motor stuff)? iam trimming mine down on the JKUR same bumper in now.

EDIT, BTW anyone with pics showing how much\what they cut on that over-rider bar? Hanging down it kills some clearance, plus looks funky with the slimmer bumper. Alos any info on how people relocated or removed their electrical connections there? I have heard before about Jeeps going into limp mode because of issues on that electrical setup.

Thanks,

Gui

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Very clean install. What fog lights did you go with? Also are you planning to add a skid or cut out the hanging section (over-rider bar)? on the front (that protects the sway bar motor stuff)? iam trimming mine down on the JKUR same bumper in now.

EDIT, BTW anyone with pics showing how much\what they cut on that over-rider bar? Hanging down it kills some clearance, plus looks funky with the slimmer bumper. Alos any info on how people relocated or removed their electrical connections there? I have heard before about Jeeps going into limp mode because of issues on that electrical setup.

Thanks,

Gui

They're Quadratec LED fogs.

No plans to cut the crash bar out just yet- I don't want the sway bar motor exposed, I don't really like the install for the Poison Spyder skid, and I'll see if it actually hits anything when I go offroading this spring.

Top Bottom