Advice on next step…bumper?

relicdigger

Early this summer I put on Lod rock sliders and spacers to put the wheels and tires out a little. The advise I am seeking is should I progress to a new front bumper and winch next. The back story is that at this point I am not going to lift my jeep adding any height because my 82 year old father enjoys going out in the Jeep with me and stock is even a large step for him; I would rather have my dad in my Jeep than a lift. So with a stock front end am I better going with the EVO Aluminum Quarter Pounder because of weight and sag considerations or go with the Lod Signature Shorty. I like the fog lights on the Lod but I figure it is not too big of a deal putting lights on the Quarter Pounder. Basically should weight and sag be my major consideration?
IMG_1361.jpg IMG_1399.jpg IMG_1400.jpg Thanks for your much appreciated input, Mike

Ausjeep113

Really with standard suspension it's going to notice any difference in weight up front so keeping it to a minimum would be best. Also from what I've heard the Evo is an awesome bumper and if you're not doing anything too crazy it should be perfect for your needs.

swampdog

Really with standard suspension it's going to notice any difference in weight up front so keeping it to a minimum would be best. Also from what I've heard the Evo is an awesome bumper and if you're not doing anything too crazy it should be perfect for your needs.

You can do anything as crazy as you want with the EVO bumper, they are beastly.

relicdigger

Thanks to everyone for the quick input. So weight and sag are the major consideration. It looks like Evo Aluminum Quarter Pounder will give me the most bang for the weight buck. I wonder how much sag I will get on the Rubicon springs when the winch is added in? I'll have to check out the weight taken off for the stock bumper and the the weight added on for the Quarter Pounder and winch. For protection I will also do oil pan protection; thanks for that idea! Is there anything else I am not considering?

Ausjeep113

Nah that's should be plenty mate and if it does sag a little you could always just use a half inch or one inch spacer up front to level it out again and bring back to normal.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Nah that's should be plenty mate and if it does sag a little you could always just use a half inch or one inch spacer up front to level it out again and bring back to normal.

Yup! The Evo leveling kit won't really lift you & should counteract that. Are you in a rubicon? I have a Sahara, and I'm toying with the idea of getting a rubicon take off suspension to give me a minor boost & better ride.

relicdigger

Yes I'm in a rubicon 2 door. I'm hoping the rubicon springs will be stiff enough to keep the front up a little more. Does anyone know the weight of the stock front bumper? I checked out the Evo HD leveling kit but I don't want to gain the height it will give; although it would look great and function well.

Wethy

Another option and some may frown on it because it's rough country however if your looking for weight savings the RC hybrid stubby could be a good option if your basically just wanting to mount a winch. As its basically a winch plate and the end caps they have are made of 1/16ths steel so you save some weight and it's pretty inexpensive
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454384472.310220.jpg

Last edited:

relicdigger

Thanks for the information on RC and the suggestion of the mounting on the stock bumper. I think I'll go with the quarter pounder, winch and pucks if necessary. Thanks again for all of the suggestions and information, Mike

Wethy

Thanks for the information on RC and the suggestion of the mounting on the stock bumper. I think I'll go with the quarter pounder, winch and pucks if necessary. Thanks again for all of the suggestions and information, Mike

Welcome on my end figured I'd just give you options! I'm sure the 1/4 pounder will be great! Lol

dwvninety

If you end up getting the stinger make sure you get American made drill bits as you are going to need to drill 6 holes.

relicdigger

The stinger looks great but I'm holding off on it. In upstate NY it's mostly mud and woods. Plus any weight I can keep off of it is the priority. The quarter pounder comes in less weight than stock but the winch puts me over. Looks like a little budget boost in the front. Thanks for the heads up on the drilling. And thanks for all the ideas and options everyone has given.
Mike

Top Bottom