Spring project... decision decision decision

Holeshot

Banned
Ok so here I am, next spring i'm gonna get a good tax return and, I'm don't really know what mod will follow :D

I gonna get something between 2-3000$, and a have a few options.

1- OEM rubicon transfer-case, rockhard rollcage, ORE switch panel, spyderweb shade

2- Regear of my D44/30, ARB locker in the rear and ARB compressor

3- A pair of rebuilt rubicon differential (OEM lockers, OEM axles, 4.88 yukon gear, overhaul kit, synergy balljoints, repainted) (which are on sale at 5000neg actually)

I lean a little more toward #1 than the other since I'm gonna get "more" for my money. I can do without lockers for another year but, the rubi low range will advantage me a lot when rockcrawling with my 6speed, 35's and 3.73's, since I'm alway pressing the clutch because it is too fast for crawling. Although I don't do crawling that often, maybe one to three times during the season.

Holeshot

Banned
I've found a used nv241or, a little less than 100 000km from a 2007, the guy asks 1250$

I searched on the web, found some at jbconversion at 2000$ but don't know if they are rebuild or new.

Called the dealer for info, they can have a rebuild for 2000$, or brand new from mopar is 3600$ :icon_crazy:

Guess I'll go with the rebuild from the dealer :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's what I would do, get a rebuild from the dealer. Is that Canadian Dollars or USD?

Holeshot

Banned
wow! that's a good price!

As I mentioned above, I plan this mod for next spring, so let say 3 to 5 months or so.

all depends on how it would cost to make it ships here.

1yellowjk

I lean a little more toward #1 than the other since I'm gonna get "more" for my money. I can do without lockers for another year but, the rubi low range will advantage me a lot when rockcrawling with my 6speed, 35's and 3.73's, since I'm alway pressing the clutch because it is too fast for crawling. Although I don't do crawling that often, maybe one to three times during the season.

I feel your pain, I will probably look for a used t-case out of a rubi, my clutch took a beating the last time out....3.73's +35's+6speed make for some tricky ledges and climbs.

Holeshot

Banned
I feel your pain, I will probably look for a used t-case out of a rubi, my clutch took a beating the last time out....3.73's +35's+6speed make for some tricky ledges and climbs.

ditto here!!

Although in mud and sand its a great setup, but for crawling it sucks.

Top Bottom