Mirror Relocation Parts

JoeAl11669

Anyone have experience with any of the Mirror Relocation Parts out there? Anything good? I've seen some that go into the door hinge - but they look cheap. Others that attach to the windshield frame. Any suggestions or warnings would be appreciated. Thx!

aldaman

I use the Die-Tech brand. It reuses the factory mirrors and mounts on the door hinge. I like it because it maintains the factory look and has no vibration. Quick & easy install. I opted to get an extra set of mirrors so that I can leave the ones on the doors...

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

dmpowder

I just use a single Rugged Ridge one. Cheap and easy to install and doesn't vibrate hardly. Only thing I don't like is how far it sticks out. But for the price of some of the mirrors on the market I can live with it.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Im looking at the Die-Techs as well and buying another set of non power mirrors so I dont have to pull the mirrors off the doors every time. To do that it is expensive, which I can justify because it looks nice, seems solid, and puts them back in the factory location. The one down fall in my opinion is that because they use the door hinge, they wont work with tube doors or a soft door. So I am still debating on them or another set as I really want the Rancho tube doors and I was thinking about the Best top two piece soft doors. I will admit though that I haven't looked much into what to do with those two options yet as I'm no where near buying either of those doors. I'm also debating about forgetting the soft doors as I am looking at a twill trec top nx and I don't think any of the soft doors match the twill top. Again though, I haven't looked into it much yet.

I originally had the Dietechs. I can make you a killer deal on the DieTechs I pulled off my Jeep, complete with the mirrors. Excellent shape. Just let me know.

Quadratech makes some called Mirror Movers. I bought a set. Love them. I have these on my full doors. The mirror location is the same as the stock location but they mount on the windshield pillar vs the door, so the passenger side mirror is fully usable.

When you go to take your doors off, you still have fully functional mirrors. Also, if you forget to put the door restraining strap on, your doors wont swing all the way open and dent the cowl.

Only issue is that I also have a set of OEM half doors. Since Quadratech does not sell just the door filler plate, I had to buy another complete set just for the filler plate. However, that gives me a full spare set of mirrors in case something gets screwed up.

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
I just use a single Rugged Ridge one. Cheap and easy to install and doesn't vibrate hardly. Only thing I don't like is how far it sticks out. But for the price of some of the mirrors on the market I can live with it.

I use these too. They are available in round (smaller) and rectangular which are larger. No problems with vibration and they are easy to adjust. Only problem is the black washers were rusting, so I just used the OEM screws and washers.

Top Bottom