Evo enforcer drag link flip install

Weeeee

I am in the middle of installing a 3" EVO Enforcer lift and the drag link flip kit. The flip kit is done with the exception of where to mount the steering stabilizer. The instructions don't mention it but there is another hole available on the track bar relocation bracket.
I looked around and I see pictures of JK's with the stabilizer in the stock location and in the hole in the new bracket. Is one preferred over the other? I would think that the hole on the relocation bracket would be the best place because it gets the stabilizer out of harms way, but it seems like there should be some additional hardware or a small standoff to keep the shock body from contacting the bolt heads that mount the Trac bar bracket to the axle.

I would contact EVO but I already tried that 4 days ago, so I would gather they are closed and having fun at KOH

drtnwtr

This is how my stabilizer was installed at ORE with the flip kit and relocation bracket. Let me know if you need any other pics. Hope this helps.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454547984.667706.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454548006.772383.jpg

Weeeee

This is how my stabilizer was installed at ORE with the flip kit and relocation bracket. Let me know if you need any other pics. Hope this helps.

View attachment 185849

View attachment 185850

Could you take a pic of the stabilizer mount on the relocation bracket from the side so I can see how it's mounted? Spacer etc?

Is the bracket and u bolts on the tie rod stock and it was just spun 90 degrees? Is it a stock tie rod?
The bracket on the 2016 is much different, it will spin but I am not sure it will clear the diff when flexed out.

drtnwtr

Side pics

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454554156.922378.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454554205.676715.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454554495.782439.jpg

Both the tie rod bracket and u bolts are stock, spun 90. Yes, stock tie rod (bent) and stabilizer (dented pre drag link flip), both courtesy of the Rubicon. [emoji16]
Let me know if you need more.

aldaman

Question, if the stock track bar is used with the Evo drag link flip kit does it also recenter the axle?

:beer:

Weeeee

Side pics

Both the tie rod bracket and u bolts are stock, spun 90. Yes, stock tie rod (bent) and stabilizer (dented pre drag link flip), both courtesy of the Rubicon. [emoji16]
Let me know if you need more.
Thanks, that confirms what I thought about the mounting location on the track bar bracket!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Question, if the stock track bar is used with the Evo drag link flip kit does it also recenter the axle?

:beer:

Yes, If you look at the pictures in this thread, you can see how the new mounting bolt location is directly above the old location. As a jeep is lifted and the axle moves away from the frame, with the track bar in the factory locations it swings the front axle towards the driver side. If left in the stock location and as its lifted it does that also. So by moving it up it re-centers the axle.

Hope that's understandable.

Yes, If you look at the pictures in this thread, you can see how the new mounting bolt location is directly above the old location. As a jeep is lifted and the axle moves away from the frame, with the track bar in the factory locations it swings the front axle towards the driver side. If left in the stock location and as its lifted it does that also. So by moving it up it re-centers the axle.

Hope that's understandable.

Since you throw the factory track bar it pretty much moves the axle back under the jeep like it was stock? I'm curious on the flip kit to just trying to get my information before the purchase!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Since you throw the factory track bar it pretty much moves the axle back under the jeep like it was stock? I'm curious on the flip kit to just trying to get my information before the purchase!

The drag link flip kit that EVO makes has the new axle side mounting bracket that moves the track bar mounting location up. It also moves the steering stabilizer mounting location up and out of harms way. So you re use your factory track bar. The drag link flip part of it comes with a FACTORY right hand drive drag link, you drill out the mounting hole on the pass side knuckle because the hole is tapered and is wider on the bottom side than the top side. It needs to be reversed now that you have flipped the drag link. Once you drill it out you insert a sleeve I believe and insert the drag link from the top side. To get the proper orientation it has to be the right hand drive.

Re using the factory track bar and using the right hand drive drag link is beneficial in one way because of finding replacement parts. If/when you need to replace them you can usually find parts in a lot of places across the country. Where say an adjustable track bar can be found in places but it's usually specialty type shops which can be harder to find. Also a lot of people do adjustable track bars so factory ones can be had for cheap if not free.

Of all of the JKs I've seen or read about that had problems, most of the time it was a drop pitman arm with adjustable track bar. The track bar and drag link need to be parallel. The kit like the one from EVO puts everything back in parallel and isn't really anymore $$ than an adjustable track bar that ONLY RECENTERS THE AXLE AND DOES NOT ADDRESS STEERING.

The drag link flip kit that EVO makes has the new axle side mounting bracket that moves the track bar mounting location up. It also moves the steering stabilizer mounting location up and out of harms way. So you re use your factory track bar. The drag link flip part of it comes with a FACTORY right hand drive drag link, you drill out the mounting hole on the pass side knuckle because the hole is tapered and is wider on the bottom side than the top side. It needs to be reversed now that you have flipped the drag link. Once you drill it out you insert a sleeve I believe and insert the drag link from the top side. To get the proper orientation it has to be the right hand drive.

Re using the factory track bar and using the right hand drive drag link is beneficial in one way because of finding replacement parts. If/when you need to replace them you can usually find parts in a lot of places across the country. Where say an adjustable track bar can be found in places but it's usually specialty type shops which can be harder to find. Also a lot of people do adjustable track bars so factory ones can be had for cheap if not free.

Of all of the JKs I've seen or read about that had problems, most of the time it was a drop pitman arm with adjustable track bar. The track bar and drag link need to be parallel. The kit like the one from EVO puts everything back in parallel and isn't really anymore $$ than an adjustable track bar that ONLY RECENTERS THE AXLE AND DOES NOT ADDRESS STEERING.

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed answer! Makes me want to get the drag link flip even more! I need something for my wobble and bump steer[emoji24]

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Awesome! Thanks for the detailed answer! Makes me want to get the drag link flip even more! I need something for my wobble and bump steer[emoji24]

It should help the bump steer. The wobble may be something loose. Make sure everything on your front end is tight and also torqued to spec prior to buying parts. Just make sure your not spending money on something and not fix it. Though it still would fix your bump steer.

Top Bottom