[Feeler Thread] Searching For Ideas To Make My Rig More Badass

tonytony9

I am getting to the point where I am "unhappy" with the look of my rig and whenever that happens its time for some mods. I wanted to get the forums input on some ideas to spice things up a bit. Please keep in mind I am a broke college student so DIYs are always welcome :bleh::beer:

attachment.php

So, the biggest thing I have been unhappy with is my choice of tire. I was in dire need of new tires December of 2014 and sorta rushed into my decision. The tires are 33s with 17inch stock rims. I recently put a 3inch rough country budget boost on it and have been highly considering moving up to 35s and then regearing. The tires are basically in perfect condition with around 10,000 miles on them. Do you think it is anywhere worth trying to sell them and buy 35s or should I just ride them out and then move up? (Now that I am away at school I am not doing tons of miles anymore so that may take awhile).

My jk has 125k miles on it but I plan to keep it forever so any input is appreciated! I am just looking for some inspiration on making this thing look more aggressive.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Also when cutting the flares and if you are keeping the side steps take your cuts into consideration so it matches them OR pick up some slightly used Rubi rails.

CarolinaJK

Here was the side profile back in the day! This was without the rear spacer installed so there was a rake. Also the wheels spacers were not installed at this time.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454635906.402890.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454635906.402890.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 144

japatton

Carolina's looks good. I would add spacers to bring out the wheels, VDP the front bumper, take off rear bumper and install EVO shackles.

I 2nd the VDP bumper end caps. $65 and 5 minutes with a sawzall makes a huge improvement. I did this to buy some time while I decide on a real bumper.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454642458.064340.jpg

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
There are black blocks floating on top and in front of your Jeep. Ditch those you'll Jeep would look better

WJCO

Meme King
Do the fenders, add some foo-foo shit like lights, and maybe a snorkel. Some of that bolt on shit looks good, whether practical or not, which it sounds like you're going for.

jorgelrod

Hooked
No mod will give you more Horsepower, better articulation and gas mileage than stickers. Slap a few on there and see how that jeep goes from mall crawler to rock crawler faster than a supercharged JK...

WJCO

Meme King
No mod will give you more Horsepower, better articulation and gas mileage than stickers. Slap a few on there and see how that jeep goes from mall crawler to rock crawler faster than a supercharged JK...

^Absolutely right! Forgot about those. And chicks dig them too.

Top Bottom