Bent tie rod/ death wobble

LurancJK

After some wheeling i realized my tie rod is slightly bent or bowed upward. I dont notice any difference in driving except i do get pretty bad death wobble around 35-40 mph. Not worried about that but i was wondering if i need to replace my tie rod. Would my tires be wearing down faster from only being bent a little? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454687429.845765.jpg

After some wheeling i realized my tie rod is slightly bent or bowed upward. I dont notice any difference in driving except i do get pretty bad death wobble around 35-40 mph. Not worried about that but i was wondering if i need to replace my tie rod. Would my tires be wearing down faster from only being bent a little? View attachment 186054
Have you measured your toe in/out? If its wrong you can just adjust your tie rod to put it back in spec.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure you have death wobble or just a really bad shimmy in the steering wheel? And to be sure we're on the same page here, death wobble is the VIOLENT UNCONTROLABLE SHAKING of the entire Jeep and to the point where the only way you can make it stop is to bring your Jeep to a stop. Is this what you have?

That being said, your toe will be off for sure. If nothing else, you'll want to bring it back to spec.

LurancJK

No havent measured yet. And my whole jeep violently shakes but it stops if i slow down but dont have to come to a stop. Also if i get going 50+ it reduces so maybe not "death wobble"

Top Bottom