Vibrations with aftermarket front DS (Angle Pic Inside)

ccape0328

Hey guys,

I'm getting some vibrations once I get above 45 mph and wanted to see what y'all thought about my driveshaft angle going into the axle.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454699990.512516.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,

I'm getting some vibrations once I get above 45 mph and wanted to see what y'all thought about my driveshaft angle going into the axle.

Thanks

View attachment 186075

As this is your front axle, there really isnt a whole lot you can do about driveline vibrations without loosing caster and as a result suffering handling/flighty steeting... Only thing you can really do is make the sure the drive shaft is balanced properly :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Thanks

What drive shaft is this and what is your caster set at?

EDIT: I see that you're running factory arms. You can get adjustable front lower arms and reduce your caster to help but if this is anew shaft, I'm gonna guess it just needs to be rebalanced.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What drive shaft is this and what is your caster set at?

EDIT: I see that you're running factory arms. You can get adjustable front lower arms and reduce your caster to help but if this is anew shaft, I'm gonna guess it just needs to be rebalanced.

Looks like the OP is running drop brackets as well

ccape0328

Yeah I'm running AEV Correction brackets. I believe it was 4.3 and 3.7 on the caster.

It's an Adams DS. I've also heard that the yoke on the TC not being torqued down adequately can change that. Gonna get it on the lift in the morning and check it out.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
3" lift, 5.13's.

Definitely check your caster, but in my experience, it's almost impossible to get it dialed in right on the stock axle. Either your caster will be great and your vibration will be done, but your Jeep feels flighty. Or your steering feels great, but the vibration starts to come back.

That's one advantage (out of many) of upgrading axles. The brackets are moved to accommodate for the lift, so that you can set the ideal caster and not experience any negative steering feel.

I was just reading about a front driveshaft where you have a double CV joint on both the TC and the Diff. That seemed to help them a lot since they didn't want to upgrade the axle. I haven't seen anyone on here running one like that, but Tom Woods was the manufacturer.

Top Bottom