Locker Options

xflstl

Regearing My girlfriends 2011 JKU Sahara in the next couple months. At the same time I plan to put in lockers.

I am thinking of going with the eaton E-lockers and am looking for any input as to there overall quality..

Thanks...

Gerthree

Great question as I have a 2011 jku and need to regear soon as well. Was leaning towards ARB air lockers, but want to see if anybody has input on the e-lockers.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I'm personally running factory rubicon lockers. ARB has a huge reputation for a reason and i would love to have a pair of them. Not sure how eaton compares price wise.

seanb123

I have the eaton personally I have had no issues and can't say I've read of any with the newer 4 pin design. I have personally seen and have watched some videos where arb lockers were not engaging most of the time due to compressor issues. It should be noted arb are much more common so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

zx6r

I have the Yukon zip lockers and have been pleased with them so far. I have been running them for nearly a year now without any problems.

Ddays

Hooked
I was looking at the Eaton's as well but not one single person I talked to recommended them over the ARB's. It may be that ARB is just that dominant in the marketplace that its tough for something else to break in, but I just couldn't ignore the fact that I couldn't find someone running them.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I have been running an Elocker on the front and mechanical on the rear with no issues at all. The Elocker is flawless. When I've needed to kick out of lockup, it has done so immediately to allow for tight turns or maneuvering! Love it. I just ordered a PR44 front axle with the Elocker.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I have an ARB in my JK and my TJ. The one in my TJ has been in it since 2003 and only given me 1 problem, about 4 years ago the compressor started working intermittently so I pulled the fuse cleaned the contacts and put it back. Worked great ever since, plus the compressor has been in the jeep for about 2 years longer than the locker.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Been running arb's in my 2011 for 2+ years now with zero issues. Worth every penny and would do it again in a heart beat

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Already said I'm running factory lockers.

But it seems the only complaints are actually compressor complaints. A failed compressor will still leave you without lockers though. But so will a ripped loose electrical connection for any electric locker.

chttrbx

As OP has a Sahara with a D30 front, it has been advised on here to avoid anything beyond the open carrier as the internals can't handle it.

As I am also considering what to do on the front with my D30, I was curious. I have 3.21's and I don't do a lot of offroad, just trying to look for the most cost effective way to improve traction and possibly re-gear.

swampdog

As I am also considering what to do on the front with my D30, I was curious. I have 3.21's and I don't do a lot of offroad, just trying to look for the most cost effective way to improve traction and possibly re-gear.

If you don't do much off-roading, a locker is overkill. I am in the same situation with 3.21 (35's), but I offroad often. I have just pulled the trigger on 4.88 gears, a 35 spline ARB locker for the rear and 35 spline axle shafts to match in the rear. Gearing and gussets are all I am doing in the front as I know it is a time bomb and will break soon. If you don't offroad, just regear and call it a day.

Id say youll be surprised at how big of a difference having a rear locker will make.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Id say youll be surprised at how big of a difference having a rear locker will make.

This^^^ just have a rear locker and leaving the front open makes a HUGE difference. Once you get an aftermarket front axle that's locked you will be even more suprised

Top Bottom