Rubicon Sway bar e disconnect pics

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like when your rubicon sway bar is disconnected?

I'm messing around making sure my rubicon e disconnect works. Although the light on the dash comes on, I can't tell if its truly disconnecting. Any pictures would be helpful.

Plus, I can't here the motor making any noise after I hit the sway bar button, I'm wondering if it isn't seizing.

Caretaker

I'm on my third e-disco with my '08 JKUR. The first two, the dealer replaced just the e-disco unit. The third time around, he called the mother ship and they suggested replacing the e-disco and the sway bar, too. That was almost two years ago and I haven't had any issues since. In each case, I'd get the solid light indicating it was disconnected, but then at some point, it would start blinking. Dealer said that meant it was connected, not disconnected, and that's why it would flash when I tried to disconnect it. Driving confirmed it. When the light was blinking, the sway bar was still connected. So, there's a good chance yours is working. I never hear it, either. Mine's covered with a steel skidplate, though, and it's not the quietest ride around with a soft top/no top and a V-8.

I did tear it down myself one time at the suggestion of the dealer, although it's not a 'serviceable' unit. He said it might have water in it. It didn't. But, when it disconnects, it all happens out of plain sight so it's difficult to tell when it's engaged and when it's connected looking at the sway bar from the outside. You might remove the skid you have, activate it, and take a look if you can.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I haven't given it any articulation yet, but I actually do think it's working. For some reason I was expecting the trackbar to rotate out of the way. I watched a video of the Evo quick disconnect and realized that the track bar is basically in 2 pieces and it unlocks each side can move independently. Thanks for everyone's help.

JKbrick

I'm on my third e-disco with my '08 JKUR. The first two, the dealer replaced just the e-disco unit. The third time around, he called the mother ship and they suggested replacing the e-disco and the sway bar, too. That was almost two years ago and I haven't had any issues since. In each case, I'd get the solid light indicating it was disconnected, but then at some point, it would start blinking. Dealer said that meant it was connected, not disconnected, and that's why it would flash when I tried to disconnect it. Driving confirmed it. When the light was blinking, the sway bar was still connected. So, there's a good chance yours is working. I never hear it, either. Mine's covered with a steel skidplate, though, and it's not the quietest ride around with a soft top/no top and a V-8.

I did tear it down myself one time at the suggestion of the dealer, although it's not a 'serviceable' unit. He said it might have water in it. It didn't. But, when it disconnects, it all happens out of plain sight so it's difficult to tell when it's engaged and when it's connected looking at the sway bar from the outside. You might remove the skid you have, activate it, and take a look if you can.

You do understand that it automatically reconnects at a certain mph, I think 20 or so, then your light will blink

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I haven't given it any articulation yet, but I actually do think it's working. For some reason I was expecting the SWAYBAR to rotate out of the way. I watched a video of the Evo quick disconnect and realized that the SWAYBAR is basically in 2 pieces and it unlocks each side can move independently. Thanks for everyone's help.

Fixed it for you. [emoji106]

Caretaker

You do understand that it automatically reconnects at a certain mph, I think 20 or so, then your light will blink

Yes. It would be unlocked while in 4-Lo, and not engaged like it should, full articulation. Then, I'd shut the motor off for whatever reason, get back in, crank it up, and then the blinking would start and never stop, even after shifting out of 4-Lo, out of 4WD, and get on the highway. Or, I'd be going along just fine with it disconnected, light fully lit, and then it would start blinking. Drove me crazy. They're too expensive not to work. If the dealer hadn't covered it, I would have ripped it out completely. Might still if it acts up again.

Top Bottom