Evo Tire Carrier Specs

Wooglint

Apologies but I haven't been able to find this info elsewhere. Does anyone have the specs on the Evo tire carrier (eg, weight, tube dimensions)?

Thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
Plus I'd like the exact measurements of where the tubes go. CAD drawing preferred. This way I can make my own without paying EVO and maybe even let me sell them to unknowing suckers who don't know better or unethical people looking to save a buck.

:idontknow:

mackey

If your interested in purchasing the EVO tire carrier, I'm sure 90% of everyone on this forum will tell you it's the best tire carrier out there. Especially for larger tires.

Plus I'd like the exact measurements of where the tubes go. CAD drawing preferred. This way I can make my own without paying EVO and maybe even let me sell them to unknowing suckers who don't know better or unethical people looking to save a buck.

:idontknow:

I think your response is a little uncalled for... OP asked a fair question. I myself am buying an evo carrier next week but am going to modify it slightly. I'm not a fan of how the taillights are blocked by the side supports and will either move them towards the center slightly or replace them with tubes. If I choose the latter then knowing the tube diameter might be helpful.

To the OP, welcome to WAL, try going to the waves thread and say hello. Not everyone on here acts that way by the way, there are some nice folks here;)

Pretty sure I didn't ask what you think. But thanks for letting me know anyway. :yup:

Pretty sure i dont need your permission to point out that your response was inappropriate. This is a place for people to gather information and not to be insulted in the process. :naw:

MTG

Caught the Bug
This is a place for people to gather information and not to be insulted in the process. :naw:

But what it isn't is a place for people looking for "specs" on products that are made by great people so they can turnaround and recreate them for themselves or sell them to others. Maybe the OP doesn't fall into either category, maybe he/she does? IDK? If not I'm sure he'll appreciate my response and will soon become a fine contributing member to forum. If so, he'll soon fall into the category of others who simply made their first of many irrelevant posts.

Regardless, thank you for your efforts to defend the internet. You should sleep good tonight.

WJCO

Meme King
Boy, this got interesting quick. Truthfully, OP, I don't know if anyone here has the specs like you're asking. What I would do is mount it when it arrives and custom fab from there. That's what I would do if indeed I had an EVO carrier in the mail and was already planning my next mod. It's tricky to plan ahead on that kind of stuff. Welcome to WAL by the way.

WJCO

Meme King
Pretty sure i dont need your permission to point out that your response was inappropriate. This is a place for people to gather information and not to be insulted in the process. :naw:

But what it isn't is a place for people looking for "specs" on products that are made by great people so they can turnaround and recreate them for themselves or sell them to others. Maybe the OP doesn't fall into either category, maybe he/she does? IDK? If not I'm sure he'll appreciate my response and will soon become a fine contributing member to forum. If so, he'll soon fall into the category of others who simply made their first of many irrelevant posts.

Regardless, thank you for your efforts to defend the internet. You should sleep good tonight.

Cyber hug? Pretty please...........................

Someone thats going to copy and reproduce another's work would be better served to go off a drawing which can be had online or by acquiring the piece itself as opposed to getting generic specs from a forum dont ya think? Do you always assume the worst in people? :naw:

Wooglint

I didn't realize that the weight and tube diameter of a tire carrier would be such a controversial topic. I'm also not sure I could fab one up based on that information alone regardless.

A number of manufacturers list those specs on their website. Unfortunately Evo does not. I'll wait until Monday and call them. Thanks for the assistance.

I didn't realize that the weight and tube diameter of a tire carrier would be such a controversial topic. I'm also not sure I could fab one up based on that information alone regardless.

A number of manufacturers list those specs on their website. Unfortunately Evo does not. I'll wait until Monday and call them. Thanks for the assistance.

Lol... Exactly! If you don't mind, could you post your results, thanks and sorry again.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Perhaps some of the newer members will benefit from the context of MTG's first post. On more than one occasion newbies have posted up very similar questions only to ultimately reveal their intentions to make "their own" version of the same product. Usually there is a song and dance about "built not bought" or they "can't justify spending what EVO charges".

In any event, most of us here don't take too kindly to knock-offs. Build something new, or pay someone else for their innovation. People who make knock-offs (even just for themselves) suck donkey dick in my book.

That's my 2 cents. If that wasn't what the OP was doing then great...I'm sure he will love his new EVO carrier.

WJCO

Meme King

EVO is a supporting vendor of this forum. As MTG pointed out, we get a lot of random asshats that would jump at the opportunity to save money rather than pay for a built part and just try to get info out of members here that already run that carrier. I'm not surprised he suspected that. I doubt anyone has the specs handy. Like I said earlier, get the carrier on first and fab from there. You said you already purchased it, so I would look at it once it arrives.

EDIT :
People who make knock-offs (even just for themselves) suck donkey dick in my book.

^What he said.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: You joined January 2015 and this is your first post? Another reason I would back what MTG suspected regarding the tire carrier.

Last edited:

Skid_Kid

You have been a member of the forum for over a year and this is your first post......... Hi welcome to WAL! Did you order rear rock skins with you tire carrier?

Top Bottom