3" EVO Plush - Which Rancho 9000 shocks?

TxJeepers

I'm thinking about replacing my 2.5" Metalcloak / OME Nitrocharger shock combination with 3" EVO / Rancho 9000 shocks. I am looking to improve the ride quality. The firm spring/ soft shock combo isn't working for me driving around M-F. Everything I've been reading and been told is the EVO/Rancho combo should prove to be better for me. So, that said, I know that Rancho has a couple different parts. They have 999329/999330 or 999331/999332. I am thinking 329/330. But can I do the longer 331/332 and not worry about the springs becoming unseated at full droop? I know I could do spring retainers. Those running Rancho 9000 and EVO 3" plush, which parts did you go with?

thardy

Banned
I'm thinking about replacing my 2.5" Metalcloak / OME Nitrocharger shock combination with 3" EVO / Rancho 9000 shocks. I am looking to improve the ride quality. The firm spring/ soft shock combo isn't working for me driving around M-F. Everything I've been reading and been told is the EVO/Rancho combo should prove to be better for me. So, that said, I know that Rancho has a couple different parts. They have 999329/999330 or 999331/999332. I am thinking 329/330. But can I do the longer 331/332 and not worry about the springs becoming unseated at full droop? I know I could do spring retainers. Those running Rancho 9000 and EVO 3" plush, which parts did you go with?

He'll respond when he sees this I'm sure, but couldn't hurt to send MedixJK a PM. He dealt with this issue and should be able to point you in the right direction.

Dirt Foot

I have the 331/332 set up on mine with the 3 inch enforcer. Absolutely love it. Springs are still tight at full droop. I would highly recommend this set up.

turbineguy

I'm interested in this to.

I have 3.5 Metal Cloak springs and Rancho 9000 shocks. No matter what I adjust to, the ride is jarring.

Was also thinking about Evo 4" shocks.

It's either that or go back to BDS springs. They were awesome.

Im running the 329/330. I would go with the longer one up front for sure (the one dirtfoot mentioned). Rear im not sure. I would say do the longer ones but, i did the Evo rockstars on the rear and the 330 are perfect. I think the longer ones might bottom out unless you add some extra bumpstop.

TxJeepers

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else?

I called off-road evolution. Guy told me 999329/999330. But then told me the Kings were much longer and better. As if longer Kings work, but not the longer Rancho. I did not get into it with him.

Called Northridge4x4 and was told the longer Rancho, 999331/999332.

If I go this route, I will go the longer. Longer allows for more flex.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I called off-road evolution. Guy told me 999329/999330. But then told me the Kings were much longer and better. As if longer Kings work, but not the longer Rancho. I did not get into it with him.

Wow. Just because it is a longer shock doesn't mean it's better and gives you more travel properly. Your coil is only so long.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

You have a hard on for Evo. Maybe stop calling them for advice. Sounds like you are calling them for info but not going to buy from them.

I would not tell you shit either.

TxJeepers

I'm just gonna buy a Teraflex kit from Quadratec. Should of called them to begin with. They had all the answers.

Jackal01

I'm just gonna buy a Teraflex kit from Quadratec. Should of called them to begin with. They had all the answers.

Lol that makes absolutely no sense. You said the same thing in your sway bar links thread. From this reply it seems you were set on teracrap otherwise why would you go from considering EVO to teraflex...

Top Bottom