Cracked fender and push pins

GraniteCrystal

1) Hit something on the road, popped up and cracked my fender. Any estimates how much it'll cost to get fixed?

2) I pulled out a few push pins to look at the underside and removed some push pins on the fender skirt. I can't find any that look like this online. Help?

Attachments

• 1454900095735.jpg
    1454900095735.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 1454900114184.jpg
    1454900114184.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 155

WJCO

Meme King
You'll probably have to get a new fender and paint to match to do it right. I've seen some cool DIY fiberglass videos on youtube for patching stuff like that, but I've never done it myself.

JeepFan

Hooked
Well, that sure sucks!

You can buy replacement plastic fenders online. I've seen them sell for $25 used or you can find new ones for 60 to 165.

Those clips are fender flare plastic rivets. Quadratec sells them along with new flares.

jjlong

Some body shops have a nitrogen welding that will fuse the plastic back together. But it probably the same price as a new flare.

GraniteCrystal

It looks like you might be able to trim them....gives you a reason.:thumb:

Have you searched your local craigslist? I see stock fender sets here quite often for pretty cheap.

Yeah, just much harder to come by body color matched ones as mine are.

It's close. It'd just shorten it up more than I'd like. I've seriously thought about it but I don't want it to look weird. Scrolling through pics on Cut Fender thread, couldn't find anyone that trimmed it that short.

GraniteCrystal

Just talked to the collision center. They said it's too large to repair, need to do the whole fender and it'd be about $500. Yeah... Think I'll pass on that

JAGS

Hooked
You can get the pins cheap from Amazon/eBay.

Are these color matched flairs? Hard to tell from pics. I can see how it would be hard to find a used matched flair. Though there might be other colors out there. Then a couple rattle cans for a good finish.

If just the plastic those can be found much easier.

GraniteCrystal

since it was something you hit on the road insurance will not cover it?

If I told them about it, which I have no plans of doing. Would much rather just trim the fenders a bit shorter than originally planned (still will have small crack I can live with) and not see my premiums go up.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
1) Hit something on the road, popped up and cracked my fender. Any estimates how much it'll cost to get fixed?

2) I pulled out a few push pins to look at the underside and removed some push pins on the fender skirt. I can't find any that look like this online. Help?

since it was something you hit on the road, won't insurance cover it?

Yes, insurance would cover this type of thing. It would most likely be considered a comprehensive loss, which might have a different deductible than a collision loss. You might check into your policy declarations and see if you have a lower deductible for comprehensive. The paint clearly does not provide prove of an impact with another vehicle.

Good luck!

GraniteCrystal

You can get the pins cheap from Amazon/eBay.

Are these color matched flairs? Hard to tell from pics. I can see how it would be hard to find a used matched flair. Though there might be other colors out there. Then a couple rattle cans for a good finish.

If just the plastic those can be found much easier.

Yep, color matched. Look awesome but wow it's a pain when something goes wrong. I have some stock black ones so I may just swap out all 4 to those. Love the color match though.

Top Bottom