Jeep Wrangler jk carpet cleaning

Bpaige88

Hey guys, so I just recently went off road with my jeep today. I got stuck in a decent water hole. Enough to to cover the bottom of the doors. Naturally water came in. What's the best way to clean the carpet. I know I have to take them out.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454905681.962366.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454905681.962366.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 271

WarriorJeep

Just pull them up far enough to pull the drain plugs... let the water drain out... then shampoo them

Oh and welcome to WAL, don't forget to stop by and give us a wave

Kyan

Taking the whole carpet out is very easy and that is what you should do. Just take out the seats and couple of push pins then you're done.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I had to deal with that quite a bit. I would move the carpet over and pull the drain plugs. Then I would remove the carpet and clean them. Really easy to do, no tools needed, and it gives you a chance to clean any debris that may have gotten under the carpet and on the tub.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Oh, drain plugs are located one each under the driver and passenger seats, one each under the carpet where you feet go in the footwell, one each under the carpet in the rear footwells, and I believe one each under the rear seat, but not sure about that last one. I took the carpet out of my new Jeep and run the Bedrug Bedtread and left all the drain plugs out. Now there is no carpet to get dirty or soaked and the water just drains out on its own.

coop9779

I have the Bedrug in mine too. I've got the carpeted version not the bedtread. I absolutely love it!!!! Left my drain plugs out and have had water in the floor a few times. The Bedrug doesn't absorb water and it runs out the drains. No mildew smell or anything like that.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
How do you like the Bedrug?

I'm loving it. It offers all of the advantages of Bedliner and literally none of the disadvantages. Doesn't fade, easy to clean, grippy even when wet yet won't scratch my kids up when they are crawling around. It has an insulation layer on the bottom so you get some extra sound dampening. Holds stuff in place fairly well in the cargo area as well. The BedTread was definitely worth it. I frequently have sand, water and stuff in my rig and it makes cleanup a breeze. I even modified it to retain the use of the Mopar slush mats.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I just leave the sand, rocks, & dog hair in it. Had it for over a year and haven't cleaned it yet, :p

james2003w

Taking the whole carpet out is very easy and that is what you should do. Just take out the seats and couple of push pins then you're done.
Oh, drain plugs are located one each under the driver and passenger seats, one each under the carpet where you feet go in the footwell, one each under the carpet in the rear footwells, and I believe one each under the rear seat, but not sure about that last one. I took the carpet out of my new Jeep and run the Bedrug Bedtread and left all the drain plugs out. Now there is no carpet to get dirty or soaked and the water just drains out on its own.

Just remember if you unbolt your seats that you put them back in at the right torq specs. But it's pretty simple after you've done it a time or two.

As for the drain plugs, should be one in each foot well and one under each seat. There is also one in the cargo where your factory jack/tools are located.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just remember if you unbolt your seats that you put them back in at the right torq specs. But it's pretty simple after you've done it a time or two.

As for the drain plugs, should be one in each foot well and one under each seat. There is also one in the cargo where your factory jack/tools are located.

To be fair to the OP though, there is no reason to unbolt the seats to remove the carpet. There are pre cut sections that just have a small amount of material keeping them together. One good tug and they come apart into their intended sections. I removed my factory carpet multiple times and installed the BedTread without removing the seats. OP, unless you have a reason to, I would personally not remove the seats just to pull the carpet.

patr1ckm

To be fair to the OP though, there is no reason to unbolt the seats to remove the carpet. There are pre cut sections that just have a small amount of material keeping them together. One good tug and they come apart into their intended sections. I removed my factory carpet multiple times and installed the BedTread without removing the seats. OP, unless you have a reason to, I would personally not remove the seats just to pull the carpet.

I'm planning to get a Bedtred since it is more of a bedliner type, though I'm curious if it works with the factory drain holes?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm planning to get a Bedtred since it is more of a bedliner type, though I'm curious if it works with the factory drain holes?

The factory drain holes go underneath it just like the factory carpet. There are no added holes or ports to access them without pulling a corner up, just like you have to do with the factory carpet. As mentioned before, I just left them out. Anytime water gets in, it just drains out in its own. If you plan on putting them in and taking them out often, it's pretty easy to pull up a corner to expose the drain plugs though.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
How so? I just got my slush mats and really don't want to get rid of them. LOL. Though with the bedrug they may be just for looks.

I believe it's in my build thread as well, but all I had to do was lay the slush mat over the BedTread and marked the hole with a marker where I wanted it to be. I then removed the clips from the factory carpet with a screwdriver. I used a regular drill bit (can't remember what size, but I just matched it up to the clip) and drilled a hole into the BedTread. I then installed the clips on the BedTread, placed the slush mats back in and clipped them in place just like the factory carpet. Again, I believe there are pics of it in my build thread. I'm on my phone so I don't have the pics handy right now. Really easy to do though.

vini289

Hi!
This weekend I went off road with my friends. My jeep is filled with mud, dirt, and dust. So someone please suggest me a Carpet cleaning service for my jeep as soon as possible.
Your suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Hi!
This weekend I went off road with my friends. My jeep is filled with mud, dirt and dust. So someone please suggest me a cleaning service for my jeep as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.

Here in the states, we call it a garden hose. Maybe your local hardware store will have one.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Hi!
This weekend I went off road with my friends. My jeep is filled with mud, dirt and dust. So someone please suggest me a cleaning service for my jeep as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to WAYALIFE 👋.... give us a wave and I agree with WJCO... garden hose and some elbow grease.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom