Spacers for a RK 3.5" to eliminate rake

OhNoTheJiggies

Anyone have experience with getting rid of the rake on a jku with a 3.5" x factor?
I took the lift off of my old jeep and never measured it. So i wanted to see if anyone knows how much of a spacer id need in the front to have it sit level or as close to level as possible.
I know bumpers and winch and such would change it some, but just at least a good starting point so i don't have to install the lift then order and take the jeep apart again just for spacers.
Thanks in advance everyone!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A bumper and a winch will typically cause about an inch of sag. Needless to say, a 1" coil spacer should help to address the rake you have.

RedSyndrome

Anyone have experience with getting rid of the rake on a jku with a 3.5" x factor?
I took the lift off of my old jeep and never measured it. So i wanted to see if anyone knows how much of a spacer id need in the front to have it sit level or as close to level as possible.
I know bumpers and winch and such would change it some, but just at least a good starting point so i don't have to install the lift then order and take the jeep apart again just for spacers.
Thanks in advance everyone!

I thought out of the box, the kit should eliminate rake on a stock JK. From that point on, it is all about what you add. Larger tires and an aftermarket tire carrier add a lot of weight to the rear. Winch and bumper to the front same thing. Tools in the back, dual batteries up front, it all adds up. Each one is unique, so you are going to have to decide what you are going to add and then guess from there.

Tee

I have the same lift it should sit level out of the box. I have added 3/4 spacer in the rear to keep it off the rear Hydraulic bumps when hitting dips. My jeep sits almost flat with the rear spaced 1/4 up in the rear. I think you need to measure and figure it out all jeeps are a little different.

patr1ckm

Depending on how you outfit your JKU with a bumper and winch, you might need 3/4" or 1" spacer to compensate the added weight.

Top Bottom