A (little) wave from germany

greasypete

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hello from overseas.

I was reading here for some time and really enjoy the forum (I LOVE the videos).
In germany you are not allowed to leave the asphalt anywhere to go offloading (except you are a ranger or hunter). So we are into playing at some 4x4 parks, or we had to go somewhere in europe (south, east north), where it is not that much hard to find places to do some offloading. Camping and traveling from A to B is more in the focus here.

My rig: A lot of things here are also strictly regulated by law, and its not so easy to build a Jeep or any other offroader the way you want it. I wanted to build my jeep for the kind of riding we do here, more for travelling stuff and it should be great on the road also.

I am very happy with my 2,5" AEV suspension and the brand new 33" BFG KO2. The rhinoracks backbone is there for my rooftop tent and in the summertime it can be easy dismounted with the hardtop.

24044137723_a2df0ecaa1_b.jpg

Thanks for the great forum and keep up the good work,

Pete

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Wave from Australia and welcome to WAL!

How are you finding the rhino rack platform? I'm thinking of getting the same setup

greasypete

Wave from Australia and welcome to WAL!

How are you finding the rhino rack platform? I'm thinking of getting the same setup

I did a lot of research and compared all the available racks on the marked. I wanted something light and easy to remove. The goby was also in my view, but I don't think that I would use the opportunity to drive the goby with an open soft top in summer :-(. Also, to bulky and to much steel / to high on the car.

Installation was done in two hours (you have to take the hardtop off for drilling). The 6 backbone adapters make a very snug fit and are sealed 100%. Also, its very easy now to dismount the rack (for example for DD highway use) or in summer, drive the jeep with the hardtop off.

My next plan is to buy the upcoming hardtop sunrider from besttop, so I could go with the hardtop, rack and rooftop tent on vacation and still be able to open up above my head...? Sound promising, even when the rack is sitting a little to much in the way of the sundrider.

Hope that helps ....

Greetings,

Pete

Coop

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL! Great looking Jeep! Looks like your research is paying off! Lots of good information here if you need help!

Sessoms14X

Welcome to WAL from Iowa! My dad was born and raised in Germany. He definitely misses it! I can't wait to get over there for a trip.

Top Bottom