Help. Water in floor carpet in my new 2016 wrangler.

FIREMAN305

Hello all,
This is my first jeep. So perhaps I'm more concerned than I need be.. My wrangler is only 3 weeks old. We had some bad rains here in south Florida while I was away for work. My floor carpets are wet and have been for a few days. What's the best way to get these dry? Thanks.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
There are plugs under the carpet that you can pull and let the water run out. The carpet is easily removable if needed also so you could pull it out and wash it with a pressure washer if its really dirty/mildewy (is that even a word, lol) and then let it dry in the sun before reinstalling it.

austin160

I have a 2016 with a hardtop, had to take it back in to get a scupper replaced on the driver side that was allowing water to leak down the a-pillar during a hard rain.

Peak

Unplug the drain holes under the carpet and take the top off so it dries. It will smell like mildew for a few days no more than a week usually then it should be back to normal. Don't worry almost everything is water resistant in the jeep so you shouldn't expect any damage.

oyoquem

My 2016 hardtop leaked last month and got a lot of water in my passenger seat carpet. Used a lot of micro fiber towels and blasted the heater. It took almost 48 hours to have it fully dry and there was no smell or mildew.

FIREMAN305

So is getting a lil water on the inside something I should expect to happen during severe rains? With a soft top?

ScoobyCarolanNC

So is getting a lil water on the inside something I should expect to happen during severe rains? With a soft top?

No it really shouldn't leak. I just replaced the top on my 2010 and MAYBE I'd get a few drops here or there.... Bring her in.

The good news is that it's not a big deal & only a matter of time until you get caught with the top down & windows at home. Just a pain in the ass, not a real issue. I pulled all the carpets, drained, and ran the shopvac over it in under 2 hours. No smell.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Pulled the plugs to drain, dried with towels under the carpet, used a fan blowing under the carpet with the carpet pulled up in that area.

That dried the carpet out over night in the garage. I had a door surround that had a foam piece cut a little short in my case. There are several suspect areas.

FIREMAN305

Pulled the plugs to drain, dried with towels under the carpet, used a fan blowing under the carpet with the carpet pulled up in that area.

That dried the carpet out over night in the garage. I had a door surround that had a foam piece cut a little short in my case. There are several suspect areas.

What suspect areas should I check. I think I have water coming in on drivers side.

Angry Aussie

If you can't find the leak it probably somewhere in the cowl area. I had to have the dealership fix mine, the water was pooling up on the driver side for me. It was a huge pain and ruined my carpets so I made the dealership replace them at no cost to me.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Try running a garden hose over the outside on the drivers side. Or have someone else do it for you while you sit inside. Give it time to start leaking.

Check for leaks around the plastic door surrounds, soft top header, the cowl area is a possibility too. Water can run from one spot to another, so you have to back track the leak. Do not be fooled by water running in when you open the door either.

If you can't find a leak, was the door completely shut? That is also a possibility.

Do an Internet search and you will find tons of info and a guide from Chrysler for technicians.

FIREMAN305

I found the leak. Seeing as its new I took it to the dealership. I told them to fix it or I'd wrap their head in with a ratchet. Lol

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Where was your leak? If it was easy to replicate, then it should be no issue to repair.

Top Bottom