2014 JKUR Soft Top

DESERTDAD

What do I need to install a factory Soft Top on my rig?
All of the catalogs show them as replacement tops? Is there a factory kit I would need to purchase to use that top or do I go with a aftermarket like the NX?
If I go with the NX does it have everything to install it or am I missing something?
I appreciate any input.

RockyJk

When u say NX do you mean the trektop? If so that one will come with everything needed to put the top on

highoctane

Caught the Bug
On an OEM top you would need the front and rear door surrounds, the 8 door surround knobs ( 2 per door), the 4 brackets that attach the soft top frame to the aft section of the roll bar, and obviously the top and windows.

Last time I had a soft top I had a TJ and you had to install a track. Do the new JK soft tops still have that dumb design or can you get them to clamp into the factory clamp locations (used with the hard top)?

DESERTDAD

On an OEM top you would need the front and rear door surrounds, the 8 door surround knobs ( 2 per door), the 4 brackets that attach the soft top frame to the aft section of the roll bar, and obviously the top and windows.

Thanks. That sounds like a lot to buy. If the Trektop comes with everything I will go that route.
Any issues with the NX that you guys aren't liking?

CastleRockJeep

Search craigslist I found a premium OEM top that I ended up getting for $200. All parts except the 4 bolt to attach the brackets to the roll bar...

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Factory soft tops get sold brand new with all the parts all the time. I paid $400 still boxed and wrapped. Just make sure you get all the parts like mentioned. I just needed the four small bolts for the roll bar brackets. Went to Ace Hardware for less than a dollar instead of the dealer.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
As mentioned always watch Craigslist and the forums. If your buying brand new and dont want the slant back look of the NX, look at the Supertop by Best Top. Should come with everything needed also. Just always make sure before you buy. I have bought a few of the Supertops for the YJs I use to have and had good expierence with them, would buy again but I am looking at the twill NX top this time.

DESERTDAD

As mentioned always watch Craigslist and the forums. If your buying brand new and dont want the slant back look of the NX, look at the Supertop by Best Top. Should come with everything needed also. Just always make sure before you buy. I have bought a few of the Supertops for the YJs I use to have and had good expierence with them, would buy again but I am looking at the twill NX top this time.

Thanks again for the input. I actually did some more research and I think the NX Black Twill is my choice.
:beer:

Top Bottom